UKBouldering.com

Three Peaks (the Yaarkshire ones) beta... (Read 7847 times)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Sounds like a good day out, makes me fancy another crack at it!

tomtom

• forum hero

Yeah - its a great day... The one thing I dislike about it is ALL (well nearly all) the paths are made up of flagstones.. so uphill and downhill parts are like going up and down (hard) stairs. I think this is what hurt my knee/leg - the regular and quite hard (impact wise) of clumping down steps as opposed to picking my way down a slope hurt. I did start to wonder whether 4 hours training on a step machine would be best prep!

I also picked up 3 freshly dropped water bottles and a few sweet wrappers (I suspect from the big group in front). People eh..

I was a bit glib about it all - we just pitched up and went around. At breakfast at the B&B the next morning there were some geezers from sarf London who'd been training for 6-8 months to do it.. one had lost a few stone to do it etc.. fair play, good effort etc.. They finished in 7-8 hours (must have run some parts!). To me it seemed like a good day out (in a goal orientated way) and an opportunity to catch up with an old friend..

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
the paths are made up of flagstones..

Your day sounds like most of the approaches to routes in Glencoe.

Stabbsy

• junky
The race opens for entry on 1st Feb next year....

tomtom

• forum hero
IIRC, the record is 2 hours 29min set in 1976..

If I were to do it again, I would definitely take the unmarked quick way up Whernside... god it was a plod up that one..

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
The race opens for entry on 1st Feb next year....

When I ran it last time, I missed the cut off for Chapel le Dale by 15 minutes, so I don't think so - much too slow!!  Besides, I'm only going to start building back up in Feb/ March so the timing wouldn't work.  (Cheeky excuses at the ready!!)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal