YYFY!!! (Read 2099105 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#7800 Re: YYFY!!!
July 05, 2022, 09:44:46 pm
 :strongbench: <<< imagine that with less one armed benching and more stretching.

Good effort Sean, well stuck with it.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#7801 Re: YYFY!!!
July 06, 2022, 08:43:33 am
Today I have done 100 days of stretching in a row despite being sick with long covid. Minimum session is 5 mins to get the tick, but I usually do nearer 10, maximum seems to be 30 mins. There were definitely times that I'd happily have given up, bearing in mind that some days I am too sick to leave the house, but I just about managed to get it done. This seems to be just the right amount of exercise that I can cope with and it actually has some use for climbing, double win!

I can now put my whole palm flat on the floor from a front fold, can sometimes get my calves to touch the floor in a butterfly stretch and have added 30cms to my side splits. Well chuffed.

Good effort Sean!

Inspiring stuff there

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#7802 Re: YYFY!!!
July 06, 2022, 09:24:23 am
100 days is quite a stretch :) Good job.

edshakey

• forum abuser
#7803 Re: YYFY!!!
July 11, 2022, 12:24:47 pm
Ticked off a 2022 goal this weekend - completed the Snowdonia Trail Marathon. 27.5 miles / 5300ft, including a trip up to the Finger Stone just below Yr Wyddfa. Completed in around 6:33, and in the top 30% of starters - a bit better than usual for me in races. Also first marathon!

Basically ditched climbing goals for half the year to concentrate on this so really wanted to actually manage it. We had the really clear, sunny weather that most of the country had this weekend, which might be my fault for wishing for summit views - definitely regretted that! Despite the relentless sun and heat, I'm thrilled with the time - the weather definitely added many minutes overall. Seem to climb better than most around me, followed by losing some of those places on the descents - I'm still yet to work out how to run fast down steep loose paths hmmm

Going to leave the long stuff for a while and get back into climbing, maybe just speed work for running. Will come up with a new goal for next year, I've fortunately not been put off yet  ;D

Carliios

#7804 Re: YYFY!!!
July 16, 2022, 09:13:07 am
Finally bagged cave problem at tor  :dance1: took bloody ages to work a top section sequence and turns out I just needed to flag a bit harder. Definitely one of my favourite lines I’ve done on peak lime! Onto the sitter!

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#7805 Re: YYFY!!!
July 28, 2022, 11:41:30 am
Nice to catch up with recent YYFYs! Good work people  ;D

I have slowly managed to up my running after a slow and injury ridden start to the year and wanted to share a very modest run I had yesterday which was a YYFY moment for me. Having been regularly getting out twice a week for the last month, mostly very slowly, I forgot my watch yesterday and just went for a run (not without tracking as used my phone) but this meant I wasn't concerned with pace and distance and just enjoyed being out. I managed just over 7km at 5.30kpm which is the both the furthest and the fastest I have run this year. This was one of those rare runs where everything mostly felt easy and best of all, my knee has not complained thus far!!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#7806 Re: YYFY!!!
July 28, 2022, 11:57:15 am
I think you mean mpk! :)  Otherwise, well done, good effort! A bit of cooler weather definitely helps, felt much more enjoyable on Monday, before I fucked my knee.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#7807 Re: YYFY!!!
July 28, 2022, 02:10:29 pm
Yeah grumpy knees are a right shitter. How is it feeling today?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#7808 Re: YYFY!!!
July 28, 2022, 02:11:37 pm
Knackered. Got physio tomorrow.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#7809 Re: YYFY!!!
August 05, 2022, 06:05:41 pm
Yay! I don't have breast cancer - got the results of a biopsy from last week back earlier today (charming consultant rang me directly. The whole process has been very smooth and efficient).

NNFN - horrible events here in Copenhagen yesterday evening, only the second (non-terrorist) mass-shooting in the country's history.

Very glad to hear this about your biopsy and amazed and sad to hear the latter, which I had not heard at all.

I have been at sea, for most of the last four months. I was actually really not enjoying it at all. Desperately under funded, understaffed and over committed/tasked. A ship fresh out of refit, that was in a worse state than any I’d served on in 32 years at sea and an organisation with morale in a deeper trough than the Mariana trench.
Whilst I quite enjoyed reliving my youth on some crazy runs ashore etc, overall I was in a bad place by the time we arrived in Bahrain.

Then, life did that thing that strains my Atheism, again. The moment I picked up a signal, as we neared shore, I received a WhatsApp from an old colleague; wanting to know where I was, how much notice I needed to give and how quickly I could join his team.

Anyway, it wasn’t quite that simple, but agreed terms yesterday and fly to Dubai on Monday to sign contracts as “Technical and Engineering Director” reporting direct to the CEO, for Romeo Marine L.L.C., a fledgling yard, building Mega yachts; with one hull almost completed (ready to fit out) and the second keel being laid in three weeks. The first time I’ve been able to insist on such generous leave too (at the expense of salary, to be fair, but…), four months per year. Almost a part time job!

All coupled with me falling off a damn engine and the CEO going down with Covid.

Bizarrely, having started work these last two days, the simple act of sitting down an doing maths (calculating hull characteristics and powering/shafting requirements etc), has very nearly returned me to pre-widower levels of good humour. I had honestly given up on returning to work at this level.

andy popp

• forum hero
#7810 Re: YYFY!!!
August 05, 2022, 07:25:25 pm
Wow Matt, that sounds like quite the rollercoaster! But congratulations. It must feel good and more than a little disorienting.

I have one of my own - about an hour ago we had final confirmation that we've bought an apartment.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#7811 Re: YYFY!!!
August 05, 2022, 10:38:09 pm
Knackered. Got physio tomorrow.

Great news both of you.. I had a triage with medical aid physio, and seems like I was just overreacting to the knee pain, one boulder session, 1 20km walk and 3 runs this week and it feels fine. Might even get to the starting line of a running event this year.

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
#7812 Re: YYFY!!!
August 05, 2022, 11:17:30 pm
Started climbing again. It felt good.
Full info for those interested is in the blog pile

andy popp

• forum hero
#7813 Re: YYFY!!!
August 06, 2022, 10:11:13 am
Congrats Hosey! Looks like a grand day out was had.

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
#7814 Re: YYFY!!!
August 06, 2022, 01:17:35 pm
Much giggling and laughter. It's great being weak, so much more to experience

sheavi

• menacing presence
#7815 Re: YYFY!!!
August 06, 2022, 03:01:59 pm

That's great to hear.  Glad the recovery has gone well.

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
#7816 Re: YYFY!!!
August 06, 2022, 03:33:59 pm

Yep, still nervous, but apart from being thicker and easier to tire, it's not much different from pre rupture.

How is your Achilles doing? Better I hope?

sheavi

• menacing presence
#7817 Re: YYFY!!!
August 07, 2022, 01:37:19 pm

Yep, still nervous, but apart from being thicker and easier to tire, it's not much different from pre rupture.

How is your Achilles doing? Better I hope?

Much better this time around thanks.  Boot officially off next Friday but been weaning myself off the last week. Fingers crossed this time!

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#7818 Re: YYFY!!!
August 14, 2022, 07:09:07 pm
I did a Trad route, the first proper one this millennium! Okay, it was a soft E1 but nice to know that the gear placing ability is still there. Yes I placed too much gear, yes I got stupidly pumped and yes I was a little scared, but genuinely it was a fabulous experience. Thanks for pushing me to do it Fiend.

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
#7819 Re: YYFY!!!
August 14, 2022, 07:49:58 pm
Whoop whoop. :punk:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#7820 Re: YYFY!!!
August 14, 2022, 07:58:06 pm
 :dance1:  :lol:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#7821 Re: YYFY!!!
August 15, 2022, 05:47:13 pm
Much better this time around thanks.  Boot officially off next Friday but been weaning myself off the last week. Fingers crossed this time!

How long till you can come surfskating?

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
#7822 Re: YYFY!!!
August 16, 2022, 10:45:07 am
Non climbing related but last night got tickets for German prog rock behemoth Amon Duul II

Last saw them live 50 years ago and they shaped my musical taste forever.

webbo

• forum hero
#7823 Re: YYFY!!!
August 16, 2022, 02:43:58 pm
Non climbing related but last night got tickets for German prog rock behemoth Amon Duul II

Last saw them live 50 years ago and they shaped my musical taste forever.
My climbing partner back in the 1970’s was a big fan. I did buy an album but I doubt I would recognise it these days.

MischaHY

• obsessive maniac
#7824 Re: YYFY!!!
August 16, 2022, 04:37:54 pm
Weighed in under 78kg today (77.8 ) for the first time since 2018. ~5kg lighter than 10 weeks ago  :punk:  :boxing:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal