UKBouldering.com

YYFY!!! (Read 1739216 times)

Duma

• forum hero
#7850 Re: YYFY!!!
May 23, 2022, 11:38:11 pm
And nice one Mike, I really enjoyed following your VS quest (despite knowing none of the routes), and more generally found your attitude towards your accident, injury, and rehab; and then how you found such enjoyment in climbing through your recovery, really inspiring.

andy popp

• forum hero
#7851 Re: YYFY!!!
May 24, 2022, 06:15:16 am
I certainly remember the original Flash Wall post Mike. Great to see this coming full circle.

petejh

• forum hero
#7852 Re: YYFY!!!
May 24, 2022, 10:26:44 am
Ticklists sometimes get grief for encouraging 'consuming' but they can be such brilliant motivational tools when used to record progress from one place to another. Nice one cheque.

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#7853 Re: YYFY!!!
June 19, 2022, 10:42:27 pm
So grateful for the people offered to belay me today. Went to do some routes on a shunt. But these kind people gave me a belay as I was on my own.
Totally made my day.  Thank goodness there’s people like that in climbing.

andy popp

• forum hero
#7854 Re: YYFY!!!
Yesterday at 02:23:03 pm
Yay! I don't have breast cancer - got the results of a biopsy from last week back earlier today (charming consultant rang me directly. The whole process has been very smooth and efficient).

NNFN - horrible events here in Copenhagen yesterday evening, only the second (non-terrorist) mass-shooting in the country's history.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#7855 Re: YYFY!!!
Yesterday at 02:38:42 pm
Phew! Great news, Andy. Not so much the other stuff but no reason you shouldn't enjoy the relief.

steveri

• obsessive maniac
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#7856 Re: YYFY!!!
Yesterday at 02:57:39 pm
Happy for that Andy!
Denmark put on a beautiful show for the Tour ...and then this. At least these things are incredibly rare and 'thoughts and prayers' don't need to be reeled out every other week.

seankenny

• forum abuser
#7857 Re: YYFY!!!
Today at 08:05:43 pm
Today I have done 100 days of stretching in a row despite being sick with long covid. Minimum session is 5 mins to get the tick, but I usually do nearer 10, maximum seems to be 30 mins. There were definitely times that I'd happily have given up, bearing in mind that some days I am too sick to leave the house, but I just about managed to get it done. This seems to be just the right amount of exercise that I can cope with and it actually has some use for climbing, double win!

I can now put my whole palm flat on the floor from a front fold, can sometimes get my calves to touch the floor in a butterfly stretch and have added 30cms to my side splits. Well chuffed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal