the shizzle > news

Yorkshire boulderers

(1/4) > >>

Big Frank:
Jons put a new "vote for the Grade" thing on his site, which would appear to be off to a flyer.

check it out at www.yorkshiregrit.com

If you vote, please put a comment as well as it would be good to see whos voting, why, and what for.

Bubba:
That's wicked - Need something similar for the Peak....now there's an idea  :)

Pantontino:
A great set up; definitely an idea worth stealing for the North Wales scene.
I haven't got time at the moment to go through it all (because it's such an impressively big selection), but I did notice quite a few grades that jarred with my current feelings about how hard V5 and V6 is.
Surely Dolphin Belly Slap is V5 with all the tricks? and Demon Wall Roof V6? New Jerusalem is kind of ungradeable: V5 if you're tall, but V7 if you're a dwarf.
I'm not trying to play the 'my grades are harder than your grades' game, because I did agree with many of the other assessments I glanced at (First Arete at Ilkley for example), it's just that I think in general we need to be a bit harsher if we want international parity.

Anyway, good effort to the man running the website.

Cheers, Simon.

Bubba:

--- Quote from: "Pantontino" ---A great set up; definitely an idea worth stealing for the North Wales scene.
--- End quote ---

Might do something similar along those lines on here, and just let people add problems from wherever. Start with the Peak obviously, coz we can get piccies easy, but expand it all over....apart from Yorkshire obviously, where all things bouldering are being dealt with in a fine fashion by Mr Pearson already.

jonP:
At one stage I thought of making the yorkshiregrit code publicly available, so that people in other areas could set up their own sites.  With a bit more effort on my part I could set up a system such that no computer knowledge would be required.  Would anyone be interested in this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version