UKBouldering.com

Bustin out of my skin (Read 3458 times)

Lemming

• regular
  • Nope, not that one.
Bustin out of my skin
September 26, 2008, 09:33:46 am
Hi

I'm fairly new here so go gentle with me please  ;)

I'm not even wholly sure that this is anything to do with climbing but as it started around the time I got back into serious a reasonable pattern of training (3 months ago), I'm guessing it might be. Hoping you might have any idea of what it could be.

When I wake up in the morning (and occasionally later on in the evening) my fingers and feet are not swollen exactly, but like really stiff like its fluid retention or something? I drink around 1-2 litres of water per day, eat pretty healthy, climb/train 2-3 hours three to four times a week, run three times a week, get my 6-8 hours of sleep a night, don't smoke or drink so I'm ticking all the boxes for avoiding fluid retention? Its not following a pattern either (so not gurly hormonal thing) and can vary in 'intensity' from day to day and eases with activity but then gradually comes back when I'm not using fingers/hands/feet.

Its annoying, any ideas? :-\

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#1 Re: Bustin out of my skin
September 26, 2008, 09:54:43 am
Clearly you need to start drinking and smoking much more, the comatosed state a 50% THC blood content level will give you means that first thing in the morning you will notice nothing :yawn:

account_inactive

• forum hero
#2 Re: Bustin out of my skin
September 26, 2008, 09:59:36 am
Too much salt in your diet?  If you can't pin point what it is go and see a Dr.  Glucosomine is worth taking as it acts as a NSAID and could possible have other benificial effects on your tendons and white muscle tissue

Lemming

• regular
  • Nope, not that one.
#3 Re: Bustin out of my skin
September 26, 2008, 10:12:21 am
 :lol: you may have something there. Last time I was this er...commited to the cause I was drinking and smoking like there was no tomorrow.

Dylan: Oh I will go to Dr if I can't pinpoint it. Just wondered if it might be a common thing so asking on here first. Pretty careful about what I eat. I don't add salt to anything  :shrug: I take glucosamine randomly (its in a drink I use when climbing - 500mg). Perhaps time to take it regularily/daily/up the dose?

Cheers

steven82

• player
#4 Re: Bustin out of my skin
September 26, 2008, 12:51:30 pm
if you think glucosamine my work take it daily and take a lot i was taking between 2000mg and 4000mg a day and that really seemed to help with any swelling of joints.
If your jooints are swelling i would seriously see a dr just in case its something serious.

Lemming

• regular
  • Nope, not that one.
#5 Re: Bustin out of my skin
September 26, 2008, 06:49:10 pm
Its not so much my joints (though I'd be up for anything that helps with that) - its the flesh if that makes sense? Its doing it again now after a couple hours at the wall. Feet swelling  :shrug:

Gotta take the wee one to docs for jabs next week, might mention it and see what he says.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#6 Re: Bustin out of my skin
September 26, 2008, 07:10:33 pm
how long did you leave your climbing shoes on at the climbing wall for?

Lemming

• regular
  • Nope, not that one.
#7 Re: Bustin out of my skin
September 26, 2008, 10:01:37 pm
Take them off when I have a rest, tekkem off straight after and into flip flops.

Lemming

• regular
  • Nope, not that one.
#8 Re: Bustin out of my skin
October 05, 2008, 10:46:54 am
Update:

Apparently 8 espresso's a day may be a little too much. Cut down and problem sorted.  :thumbsup: Miss the ability to fly though

Thanks for suggestions/advice.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#9 Re: Bustin out of my skin
October 06, 2008, 04:29:14 pm
Cutting the coffee out is bound to help in the bloody balloon-knot department too.  8 espresso's?  Dare say MDMA is kinder on the heart . . . 

Lemming

• regular
  • Nope, not that one.
#10 Re: Bustin out of my skin
October 06, 2008, 07:38:46 pm
Yeah pretty fucking stoopid in retrospect really eh. Today has been good though, one before session this avo but definitely feeling less  :o and more  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal