Mission: Lleyn! (Read 21556 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#50 Re: Mission: Lleyn!
December 14, 2007, 10:06:40 am
Surely someone as prolific as your good self knows a few of the Llaberis crew, who may have the weekend off. I'm sure I could name half a dozen guys who would be up for some Lleyn action.

Hmmm. I know naaaarthing.

It does look like it's getting suitable early next week, less wind and more sun. If you want to pass my details onto any other those half dozen guys, go ahead ;)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut

squirrel

#52 Re: Mission: Lleyn!
January 07, 2009, 01:47:51 pm
As Fiend's intended partner in crime for Path to Rome, I also have a question for the masses...

Lead E1 to E3 on various rocks, generally second E3 ok even if its not a route i'd be ready to lead, have some experience of sea cliffs in Gogarth and Pembroke but this route would definitely be top of my grade - should I be worried, scared, or terrified?? It does look good though...

JohnM

• junky
#53 Re: Mission: Lleyn!
January 07, 2009, 02:28:06 pm
Being a rising traverse line on the first pitch you are relying on Fiend to put as much protection in as possible stop you falling too far into space should you fall.  This means taking a double set of friends and even more in the sizes 1 to 2 if you can get some as this go in the small breaks with the most solid rock between the rock bands.  To be honest the climbing is very steady most of the way with no real moves until you get to a protuding 'nose' which has to be rounded.  Just take some prussiks to ascend a rope should you fall into space.  Its more an E3 outing than having the technicality of normal E3s if you get what I mean.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#54 Re: Mission: Lleyn!
January 07, 2009, 02:48:49 pm
Being a rising traverse line on the first pitch you are relying on Fiend to put as much protection in as possible stop you falling too far into space should you fall.  This means taking a double set of friends and even more in the sizes 1 to 2 if you can get some as this go in the small breaks with the most solid rock between the rock bands. 
I can assure you Fiend will be crapping himself and lacing the pitch as much as is humanly possible. I have a double set of camalots and these days use them with great vigour in this sort of terrain.

Got a bloody shoulder tweak coming on, it's going to have to be a very careful month :S

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#55 Re: Mission: Lleyn!
January 07, 2009, 05:45:15 pm
still like to photograph it fiend, keep me posted...

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#56 Re: Mission: Lleyn!
January 07, 2009, 05:49:42 pm
Will do, dude.

Have booked to see Ozzy about shoulder tomorrow  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal