UKBouldering.com

Cheddar (Read 2709 times)

Three Nine

• forum hero
Cheddar
March 03, 2008, 10:32:46 am
Just to join Paz in his quest to promote Cheddar sports chuffing to the UKB crowd -

you have about a week to make the most of Sunset Buttress, Burmese Wall etc. till that's it for another year (although it appears that a fence is being constructed below Sunset which should make it genuinely popular).

Paz

• junky
#1 Re: Cheddar
March 03, 2008, 11:47:41 am
Plus they've actually dried out (as have Will Stanton, Remnant and Pride Evans from distance inspection), Sunset is now getting the afternoon sun and there's a good forecast up to this weekend (though it's windy and this will be magnified by The Cheddar Gorge Venturi Effect). 

We'd try to inspire you all more but we like it nice and quiet ;-). 

Ally Smith

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Cheddar
March 03, 2008, 03:10:13 pm
Blimey - dry you say?
Bet it's minging cold though. You'll have to be my belay bitch if you keep trying to tempt me back to Somerset.

Paz

• junky
#3 Re: Cheddar
March 03, 2008, 05:16:25 pm
More windy than cold, it was pretty warm (for cheddar) if you could get out of the breeze.  Weather looks a bit more cack for the WE though, there's no guarantee of conditions or belay bitching if you come down.  Not really primo project conditions, but like 69 said:

They're building the Fence!!!

jern

• menacing presence
#4 Re: Cheddar
March 03, 2008, 05:35:45 pm

They're building the Fence!!!

Soooo...once the fence is built will year round access instantly be OK? Or will there a lengthy process of negotiation and general farting around lasting a couple of years?

I mean theres been a fence under Acid Rock for 4years and can you climb there in summer yet? No.

Paz

• junky
#5 Re: Cheddar
March 03, 2008, 07:30:47 pm
In a word, No.  If by summer you mean July-August, have you actually seen the Gorge during this time?  Rammed.  You wouldn't want to be there anyway.

jern

• menacing presence
#6 Re: Cheddar
March 04, 2008, 09:49:51 am
Yeah, I'm in the gorge 1-2 times a week in summer after work dodging the boy racers. Went in the day once - bedlam! Imagine how good it would be if they ripped the road up though!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal