UKBouldering.com

SheffieldLive 93.2fm (Read 2308 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
SheffieldLive 93.2fm
October 04, 2007, 10:14:42 am
Was tipped off yesterday about this new radio station thats recently got a full FM licence in Sheffield.

Was some good reggae on last night followed by some African music which was pretty good as well (currently quite into Ali Farka Touré so went down well with me).

The listings sound pretty good (although the times seem a bit whack).

If your not in range of Sheffield fear not as you can tune in via t'Internet.

Full details here

uptown

• junky
#1 Re: SheffieldLive 93.2fm
October 04, 2007, 11:46:04 am
(currently quite into Ali Farka Touré so went down well with me).

Recently got 'In the heart of the moon' where he was playing alongside Toumani Diabate, and was blown away. Any suggestions for further purchases slack-line.....I'm keen to hear more.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: SheffieldLive 93.2fm
October 04, 2007, 12:34:10 pm

Recently got 'In the heart of the moon' where he was playing alongside Toumani Diabate, and was blown away. Any suggestions for further purchases slack-line.....I'm keen to hear more.

Hist posthumous album Savane is really good, and the other album he's done in collaboartion with Ry Cooder (who was also involved with "In the heart of the Moon") is Talking Timbuktu would no doubt go down well (sorry no cheap version on flea-bay).

The only other albums I have are the Red and Green reissues which have a more basic sound to them, but are still good in and off themselves.

uptown

• junky
#3 Re: SheffieldLive 93.2fm
October 04, 2007, 12:43:28 pm
cool - I'll try savane next.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal