UKBouldering.com

Whats best after MP4? (Read 2253 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Whats best after MP4?
September 29, 2007, 12:04:09 am
I took a few video's whilst on my hols and I was wanting to tit about with them in Windows Movie maker. However, it won't let me import MP4 quality onto it, so what offers the next best quality? I have tried .ami, and .mov and a whole load of others but the quality is pants. I downloaded a handy converter that does the job, I just dont know what to do know?

Any helpers?

Cheers.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#1 Re: Whats best after MP4?
September 30, 2007, 09:41:16 am
for windowsmovie maker, I find it best to convert to mpg or wmv

try that, the quality is pretty good for a shitty little point and click camera

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2 Re: Whats best after MP4?
September 30, 2007, 09:58:59 am
I usually use avi, probably not your best format due to file size.  i use Adobe Premere Pro and I admit I don't have a lot of experience with Windows Movie Maker.
From what I remember it supports MPEG 2, which is probably your next step.  wmv is fairly low quality in comparison (albeit much smaller files).  It all depends on what level of quality you want and how much disc space you have.  It certainly wouldn't hurt to get a proper editing package if you're serious about it.  Don't buy Studio Plus though, it's the shittest thing since shitty bread.

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: Whats best after MP4?
September 30, 2007, 03:25:22 pm
i'd also add that it depends on what your doing with them in the end, as if they're going on youtube the quality will be crap no matter what.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#4 Re: Whats best after MP4?
September 30, 2007, 04:29:45 pm
i'd also add that it depends on what your doing with them in the end, as if they're going on youtube the quality will be crap no matter what.

I disagree. this is one i made on windows movie player, from wmv for youtube,

before watching I got the name and grade wrong on the problem so dont slag me for it

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#5 Re: Whats best after MP4?
September 30, 2007, 04:56:45 pm
Cheers for all the replies folks. After watching my masterpiece, I have decided to post my compilation in my very own thread, Non Quality Bouldering Video's. The footage was shot on my phone, its got a fancy 5 mega pixel camera which does take good stuff but I think its quality speaks for itself.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal