UKBouldering.com

Graffiti in Wales (Read 2916 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Graffiti in Wales
July 13, 2003, 09:43:32 am
Imagine my suprise on visiting one of Wales' many beauty spots on Saturday to find some terrible disfiguring graffiti. The place in question is the picturesque Parisellas cave, it's a lovely spot with a sea view and an unmistakeable stench of piss. This piece of graffiti is written high up on the wall and looks like this:-

We must seek out the infidel who has perpetrated this monstrosity! Bubba, please proclaim a fatwa!

dave

#1 Graffiti in Wales
July 14, 2003, 09:02:07 am
Although that photo isn't appearing for me, i can guess which bit of graffiti you're refering to - is it the one where the "artist" has written his age underneath his name? :wink:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Graffiti in Wales
July 14, 2003, 09:13:05 am
Thats the one, although I thought that he must be being 'economical with the truth' regarding his age - I mean, he's much older than that eh!?

The reason you cannot see the photo at the moment is for some reason my server is offline. I didn't check it before I left for work so it will be about 4 before I can sort it.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Graffiti in Wales
July 14, 2003, 10:37:14 am
Hmmmm......something to do with FatboySlimfast perhaps?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Graffiti in Wales
July 15, 2003, 10:16:54 am
I think that was the product of skint rainy days sitting it out in Parasella's.

Slept there many a time myself, though I prefered the bit under Norman Wisdom as the views of the sunrise were much better.  

Made the mistake of sleeping out under the awnings near the public bogs a few times and woke up to find cottagers stepping over me in my sleeping bag  :shock:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#5 Graffiti in Wales
July 15, 2003, 10:28:37 am
I'm just amazed Llandudno even has a gay population!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 Graffiti in Wales
July 15, 2003, 10:31:08 am
Well I think everywhere has really. Though somebody at work was telling me about some town in the sticks where the locals were so fed up with the local public bogs being used for such activities, one of them bulldozed them down with a jcb! Ah, such tolerance!

Rhys

• menacing presence
#7 Graffiti in Wales
July 17, 2003, 04:14:42 pm
I was in Parisillas this morning- the wooden sighnpost and the two old carpets were burnt last night in the cave so there's a big pile of ash at the end of left wall traverse which absolutely reeks.
If anyone is thinking of going today I'd not reccomend it- it's really humid and there is an unusual load of insects there today- I only managed to last a couple of hours before I had to run away like a nonce from the wee beasties.

dave

#8 Graffiti in Wales
July 17, 2003, 04:21:34 pm
Quote from: "Rhys"
- the wooden sighnpost and the two old carpets were burnt last night in the cave.....

nice. some people eh..... :roll:

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#9 Graffiti in Wales
July 17, 2003, 07:06:06 pm
Great. I bet climbers will get the blame for it as well.

How bad is the mess? Has the rock been covered in black soot?

Rhys

• menacing presence
#10 Graffiti in Wales
July 17, 2003, 07:10:37 pm
Not that bad- I couldn't see soot.

Rhys

• menacing presence
#11 Graffiti in Wales
July 17, 2003, 07:15:10 pm
There doesn't seem to be much damage, I had a look and the end of left wall is fine. I'm not shure if it's baked the roof- but it seems to be away from any obvious line, e.g. Werry woof woot or the extension to Lou Ferrino. I can't even think how bad it'd be if they started to put restrictions there...

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#12 Graffiti in Wales
July 18, 2003, 06:17:54 pm
Can i just say, BAStArd
ive been meaning to erase that for years
1985 now that was a year, fine long days of cragging with minimal bolts not like you youngsters now i can telll you, blah blah blah........drifts off into long boring monolgue of how it used to be

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#13 Graffiti in Wales
July 18, 2003, 08:36:01 pm
Quote from: "fatboySlimfast"
I've been eaning to erase that for years

Leave it there geezer, it's part of history now!

It's from a different age - now Parisella's is established as a major bouldering venue, the idea of carving your name on the wall seems abhorent...
..But back then, Parisella's was primarily somewhere to sleep when you were doing routes on the crag, and too skint/arsed to sleep anywhere else. Look at those bolt holes that now form holds on many of today's problems - they were initially drilled out of boredom, probably on a day when it was pissing down, and somebody was wanting to climb, and wanting to place bolts in virgin rock  :D

And the other reason is that when I go there, I like seeing yours and Simon's names up there - even though I wasn't there that day when you put it up, it reminds me of a great time of my life, of those weekends at Trwyn and of course, of Simon (a mate of ours who was killed shortly afterwards).

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#14 Graffiti in Wales
July 19, 2003, 12:47:44 pm
yeah, think your right mate...
a little piece of our own history, 18 years now fuck in ell'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal