UKBouldering.com

Kalymnos, onsightable routes 7b-7c - suggestions please (Read 3303 times)

ksjs

• menacing presence
pretty much as the title says: am heading to Kalymnos next week and would like a few route suggestions at 7b, 7b+ and 7c that are onsight friendly. the 7b / 7b+ end of things is more realistic for me right now but it would still be good to have a few 7c routes to try. power / stamina more my thing so probably something steep and long would suit but keen to have a look at anything that might go onsight. any recommendations?

rc

• player
If you get your eye in for spotting hands-off rests the classic Grande grotte routes might be an option. Cetainly fit the bill for being long/stamina rather than cruxy...at least the stuff upto 7b I got on was like that.
You absolutely *must* go and do these routes anyway: wear long trousers (or get a knee pad) and go for the onsight.
Watched a guy onsight Aegialis (a beautiful, jaw dropping line) and he seemd to get lots of heel-hook/kneebar/shoulderbar(?) rests.

[edit] Presuming climbing is 'on' in the GG? Wasn't there something a while back about tufas falling/breaking off and possible restrictions?

ksjs

• menacing presence
thanks for reply. definitely will have a go at some of the Grande Grotta stuff. comments in the Rockfax database are quite useful for getting a better feel for some of the routes:
http://www.rockfax.com/databases/results_buttress.html?id=566

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal