UKBouldering.com

Art and Culture links (Read 2261 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Art and Culture links
September 05, 2007, 12:44:40 pm
Discovered Magma book/product shop not long ago. Thought it might be of interest to anyone interested in graphic arts/cool products. Quite trashbat, but aren't all the best things in life?

http://www.magmabooks.com/

Check out some of the cool lamps in the product section.

I'm always grateful for recommendations of similar stores or online vendors if yall have any.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1 Re: Art and Culture links
September 05, 2007, 01:06:44 pm
Volcanic Tongue www.volcanictongue.co.uk the UK's finest purveyor of underground musics (no techno or electronica though unless you count the likes of Whitehouse and Wolfeyes). 

Stubbs

#2 Re: Art and Culture links
September 05, 2007, 01:26:18 pm
Funny you shoud say Magma is Trashbat - the little roundabout he's riding around on the DVD menu is just round the corner from their Covent Garden store!

I think it's a cool shop for coffee table style books, whenever I've read about a book in a magazine and thought 'that's sounds pretty interesting, but I'm not going to spend £xx on it', it's almost always in Magma.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#3 Re: Art and Culture links
September 05, 2007, 09:05:13 pm
Same with The Designers Republic really. A load of fantastic publications but just not worth the price they go at.

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#4 Re: Art and Culture links
September 05, 2007, 10:45:45 pm
nice tip mono, i'll start saving up!
Same with The Designers Republic really
if your'e in sheffield a lot of such books are in the psalter lane library (hallam uni art dept.) - they have the DR books (the big pink thing anyway), plus a good magazine section - saves a fortune

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal