UKBouldering.com

"Behind" speed cameras flashing you driving towards them?? (Read 36649 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
And for the record I used to do >35k miles per year and have never had a speeding ticket (maybe it's a coincidence but I do great oral)

Or maybe you never used to speed at all?  ;)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
You've never been in a car with me have you?

When on two wheels, I reckon i was good for about 12 points a day.

The point is if you're a good driver and aware you don't get caught.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
You've never been in a car with me have you?
When on two wheels, I reckon i was good for about 12 points a day.

I'm sure driving your car around on 2 wheels is illegal, not surprised you'd get points.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

The point is if you're a good driver and aware you don't get caught.

Much as I would like to agree (my licence being clean as fuck) a certain modicum of luck is necessary too. ;)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Yes luck is a big factor.

I was caught once by a copper timing me between 2 points from the top of a hill 1/4 mile away and then radioing his colleagues up the road to flag me down. No amount of awareness could have averted that, short of being psychic.

Also, you have to remember that whenever Sloper got stopped by the old bill, there was a bit of funny-handshake/trouser-leg lifting and an "on your way sir, I didn't see a thing...." ;)

dave

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Yes luck is a big factor.

I was caught once by a copper timing me between 2 points from the top of a hill 1/4 mile away and then radioing his colleagues up the road to flag me down. No amount of awareness could have averted that, short of being psychic.

Also, you have to remember that whenever Sloper got stopped by the old bill, there was a bit of funny-handshake/trouser-leg lifting and an "on your way sir, I didn't see a thing...." ;)

A most improper suggestion, I would just ask 'Is Name still head of your Professional Standards Department'.

NB That's a joke I've never stopped by the police in this country.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

El Mocho

• forum abuser
I was driving the 'power van' up from Newcastle and went through a rear facing speed camera at bob on 60, a car was coming the other way much faster and the camera flashed (I saw it in the rear mirror so I was probably in shot)  It was over 6 months ago and I haven't heard anything yet (although I just found out the dvla have reregistered the van to someone else for some completely unknown reason, and this other person has been payed my tax until the end of the year - now I just need a fake disk...)

Spent the next half hour after being flashed cursing the bastard going the other way then forgot about it all.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal