UKBouldering.com

Warehouse Parties.... (Read 2535 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Warehouse Parties....
August 20, 2007, 02:49:45 pm
Not the old school type, but some pretty good line-ups at the The Warehouse Project in Manchester over the coming months.  All looks like most facets of dance music are catered for at some point.

andy_e

• forum hero
#1 Re: Warehouse Parties....
August 20, 2007, 03:55:21 pm
Bit disappointed in the drum&bass lineup, but Aphex Twin should be amazing!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#2 Re: Warehouse Parties....
September 06, 2007, 12:11:18 pm
Like the sound of the Cocoon night.  Marco Carola is very very fine, ditto Hardfloor. The Detroit night has a great line up too, but I'm not sure if I need to see Jeff Mills ever again...  I think he's lost it.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: Warehouse Parties....
September 06, 2007, 12:24:44 pm

I'd like to see an Aphex Twin DJ set - i still laugh when i hear the stories of him playing the Orbit years ago and making happily pilled up rave girlies cry with fear :lol:

Mills is so hit and miss - apparantly he doesn't really practice for his DJ sets so if he's out of practice then he's shit. I guess he always manages to pull some good stuff off but if you're paying good money to see someone DJ then they could at least get their beat matching sorted :)  Anyone heard any of his old radio DJ shows under the "DJ Wizard" guise? Some of them are spot on.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#4 Re: Warehouse Parties....
September 06, 2007, 12:28:45 pm
Knew he was once The Wizard but I've never heard any before, I'll DL a few and check them out. 

I'm not bitter about Mills (despite hating Exhibitionist) he so talented, I'm just, hmmm.....   mixed feelings.  I love the Detroit sound.  Claude is the keeper of the modern tradition, I reckon anyways.   Claude should be on the bill. 

lowlife

• regular
#5 Re: Warehouse Parties....
September 28, 2007, 04:12:11 pm
I've been watching their website...waiting for LFO to be added...and waiting.
How can they even consider having a warehouse rave, in Manchester, without GOD in attendance?

Rephlex bring hardcore to all the nights they are involved in. Some are really extraordinary...confident in predicting this will be one of those nights so make it a must!

PS: Not what the crowd expected Bubba... he put on a cassette and started tossing beer around. Girlies did actually cry.
What do you think of The Tuss album?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal