UKBouldering.com

North Wales Beta (Read 2871 times)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
North Wales Beta
August 10, 2007, 09:05:49 am
Im heading up the north wales today for the weekend, I am looking for some bouldering, that is child friendly (3yrs od) and wife friendly ie: some easy stuff, but also some some god quality shit for me

somewere other than the pass

ideas welcome

BenF

• forum hero
#1 Re: North Wales Beta
August 10, 2007, 09:37:25 am
I presume you have a guide?

If so, check out Caseg Fraith and the undescribed easier area just above it.  Plenty of easier stuff to go at, some classics on the lower tier and no unexploded weaponery lying around in the grass.

Otherwise, the ever popular RAC boulders has all of the above and may not be quite so ludicrously hot if there is a breeze.  Or you could try the Caseg Boulders but they aren't quite so child friendly, neither is there so much to do.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#2 Re: North Wales Beta
August 10, 2007, 11:21:43 am
Try Pen Trywn. Ok there's not much easy stuff but there is lots for the wife and the little 'un to do on the pier and beach whist you while away a few hours in the caves. Like I did a couple of weeks ago...

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#3 Re: North Wales Beta
August 10, 2007, 12:11:35 pm
Try Pen Trywn. Ok there's not much easy stuff but there is lots for the wife and the little 'un to do on the pier and beach whist you while away a few hours in the caves. Like I did a couple of weeks ago...

she and little man will be having none of that, tried it once, all i got was there is nothing for me to try here, you aways go were the problems are too hard

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
#4 Re: North Wales Beta
August 10, 2007, 12:22:45 pm
Oh you know me so well  ;D

THough I don't mind 1/2 a day at one place where there isn't much in the low grades as long as we can then go to somewhere else that has a decent amount.

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
#5 Re: North Wales Beta
August 10, 2007, 12:30:21 pm
but there is lots for the wife and the little 'un to do on the pier and beach whist you while away a few hours in the caves.

You can wash your mouth out with soap young man!!   :P   

I'm a bit dissappointed that I won't be able to climb on the slate or do some nice multipitches, but that's what happens when you have a little one.

I have recently lost my climbing mojo a bit, but I am really looking forward to this trip, I definately need to touch some rock which isn't southern sandstone.

Ok I did the blaphamous thing last weekend and went to font and didn't really climb, but it was too hot and I was very stressed  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal