UKBouldering.com

New problems from Variation, Chapmaster and Freewilly (Read 3001 times)

Greg C

• forum hero
After weeks of poor weather it seems an age since we had anything much to report, but, as proved time and again, the British are a resolute bunch. So with the arrival of a decent weekend, and in somewhat of a defiant riposte to the weather, we have some news...

http://www.lakesbloc.co.uk/8.html

Nigel

• forum hero
Nice one boys!  :great:

I reckon Dan's new line is pick of the bunch, its absolutely amazing looking and if I still lived in Lancaster I would have made a "beeline" for it every day. Well done Mr Variation-on-a-theme. I know where Greg's problem goes, and that's gotta be good too, its bon rock. As for you Ned, I reserve judgement. However the more problems on this boulder the better - its ace! Pats on the back all round.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Dan's thing looks ace.

The line has been called Brane Damage, tally's up at roughly Fnt7c+ and apparently offers a real mix of thuggy, technical and sustained climbing.

Were you not there when you did it Greg? Looks good as well though.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Excellent news!

Me and Trevor we're trying this project a few weeks back. Trev was making it upto the same spot as Dan on the photo, but it then gets nails!

Nice on Dan.

Dave Westlake

• menacing presence
nice vest Greg   ;)

the problems look good  :great:

Greg C

• forum hero
To Ru: I operate as a low key area correspondent to an esoteric backwoods bouldering area, thus I am a schizophrenic loner (although I'm not Dense) and always write in the third person... what is Greg C in gaelic anyway?

To Dave: Vests are the new roller skates.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:30:47 pm by Greg C »

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
I wondered when that Power of Raa thing would get done - a truly stunning line, one of the best I've ever seen.

How did he get down? And was it done ground up?

Greg C

• forum hero
He worked the lower section one day then returned the next day with a rope to clean the upper section and presumably work the top out. From what I recall you can down climb Honey Pot relatively easily. It's a great problem, shame it's not a bit more user friendly, but hey, I'm sure it's been done before any how.  ;)

davej

• obsessive maniac
  • up yours baby
hey greg have you tried going right from the end of curtain call to finish up the 7b+ mirco route looks interesting  dave :dance1:

Greg C

• forum hero
hey greg have you tried going right from the end of curtain call to finish up the 7b+ mirco route looks interesting  dave :dance1:

Hi Dave, the blocks below White Venom (the 7b+) get in the way and thus prevent you traversing further.

Greg C

• forum hero
Was a Trowbarrow last night and added a cool addition to the Shelter Stone. The blocky step to the right of the "The Pit Problem" has been completely demolished by the local band of bored mountain biking youthes, who regularly hang about around the boulder. This has resulted in the landing below the Fb6c groove problem lowering by about 1/2m, thus allowing you to get under the block and do a proper sit start
into the groove - Jazz Phenomena Fb7a+. I can tell you, my emergency crimp came in useful on this one!  ;)

Also, did Ned's new problem, which is far better than I expected cheers for the addition!  :great:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal