UKBouldering.com

German bouldering (Read 2613 times)

n_man

• obsessive maniac
German bouldering
July 03, 2007, 08:36:04 pm
I know there is some harder stuff in the Frankenjura, but I have recently bought the German guides to the Pfalz and Eifel, and would appreciate any beta on problems, the area, camping etc. We are looking at going in the summer; is this a sensible option or are there better places? Thanks.

n_man

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: German bouldering
July 16, 2007, 09:45:46 pm
As no-one has replied I assume that either
a. it's genuinely shit
b. no-one is interested
c. its bloody good judging by the pictures and I shall be the only Brit bouldering in Eifel or the Pfaltz this summer

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#2 Re: German bouldering
July 17, 2007, 06:51:10 am

In the photos i've seen it looks pretty good, but i'm not sure it's a popular destination for Brits...with Font closer and probably better you can understand why. Also, sandstone in a hot summer might be a bit sweaty perhaps?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3 Re: German bouldering
July 17, 2007, 09:53:24 am
there is always another reason n_man

d)nobody knows anything about it

i for one have not got a clue, about most things but especially this

webbo

• forum hero
#4 Re: German bouldering
July 17, 2007, 10:04:34 am
i have been routing in the pfaltz late 70s early80s and it was very nice.despite there being a guide it was quite hard to find information about areas and it appears that this is a bit of a theme in germany due to access issues.i guess this might put people off going.

zemike

• regular
#5 Re: German bouldering
July 17, 2007, 01:25:28 pm
there might be better options for summer bouldering as theres a chalk ban for the pfalz areas...
eifel has some nasty access issues (from total ban to paid/controlled access).
i wouldnt mind going bouldering there if i wansnt in the area for other reasons... bring a rope and trad gear.
check palatinum.info for details on boulder areas (pfalz).

n_man

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: German bouldering
July 17, 2007, 06:36:47 pm
Great knowledge there zemike - shame that platinum.info is under development. Shame the guides that I have got are in German as they may explain more, that or it is a most cunning rouse to keep us Brits away.
More seriously I have utmost sympathy with the German locals wnting to keep it a bit quiet given what has happened in Magic Wood, Brione, Meschia, Hueco, start of agro at RMNP etc....

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#7 Re: German bouldering
July 20, 2007, 09:21:06 pm
Carruthers (tc) may be able to help. Try a PM.

I cannot, I may live there, but I rarely climb there.  My only advice  is to avoid the lime and stick with the sandstein.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal