UKBouldering.com

The Compressor on Derwent Edge + other bits (Read 11131 times)

grimer

• forum hero
Thanks for that Rainbow. And what grades were Hueco Wall and Eyes... And if they were more than three grades out, then don't post them up in case Dense sees them  :)

rainbow

• menacing presence
Thanks for that Rainbow. And what grades were Hueco Wall and Eyes... And if they were more than three grades out, then don't post them up in case Dense sees them  :)

Hueco wall got V6 and Eyes without a face got V7. Me thinks more like V5 and V6. Both got quality moves. See you up there sometime.

grimer

• forum hero
Well god damn it, one out, that's not bad. If I can get that close without even touching the holds, makes me wonder why I bother climbing at all sometimes.

Cheers Rainbow, perhaps see you up there sometime then,

G

a dense loner

• forum hero
hueco wall V6 that's very nearly 3 grades ;)

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie

....The description in the bmc guide says go directly from the slottled block in break to the sloping pod then top. This seems v easy for v6....

We had a day on the Derwent Edges on Satuday, and I wouldn't say this is that easy for V6. Granted the wall is easy but the scary, tricky mantel at the top more than makes up for it. Scouse had a particularly nasty fall when he slipped off the mantel and caught his heel on the ledge as he fell, flicking him backwards. Spooky stuff.

rainbow

• menacing presence

....The description in the bmc guide says go directly from the slottled block in break to the sloping pod then top. This seems v easy for v6....

We had a day on the Derwent Edges on Satuday, and I wouldn't say this is that easy for V6. Granted the wall is easy but the scary, tricky mantel at the top more than makes up for it. Scouse had a particularly nasty fall when he slipped off the mantel and caught his heel on the ledge as he fell, flicking him backwards. Spooky stuff.

Yes, all the top outs on this block are scary. Took me a few visits before I could summon up the courage to commit. Had a good day up there back in Aug.

Playing on J Myers forgotten test piece Ripple Roof, V8ish. Can hold the crimps in roof but moving past them is another matter.

Just uploaded some old movies from up there onto Utube.

A different Start to Spartan.

The Ships Bow

Sidewall Scoop

Enjoy

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Where's Ripple Roof? That looks good. We considered that eliminate on Spartan but expected it to be a bit harder than you make it look in your video.

grimer

• forum hero

Ha, so it's looking like my nine-sided dice came up on the right side after all. Stick that in your consternated pipe and smoke it, Dense.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie

Ha, so it's looking like my nine-sided dice came up on the right side after all. Stick that in your consternated pipe and smoke it, Dense.

Either that, or my grading scale, having climbed problems, is as innacurate as your grading scale, having guessed?

grimer

• forum hero
So you see. Climbing them is a waste of time!

rainbow

• menacing presence
Where's Ripple Roof? That looks good. We considered that eliminate on Spartan but expected it to be a bit harder than you make it look in your video.

Ripple Roof is on the boulders ontop of Dovestone Tor, either side of the path. As is The Roof Of Mantles. There was a topo in Jason Myers peak plus guidebook if my memory serves me correctly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal