UKBouldering.com

2nd pad (Read 1547 times)

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
2nd pad
June 26, 2007, 09:31:44 pm
I'm probably going to be getting a second bouldering pad for my birthday (and even if not then I'll probably buy myself one anyway).

Currently I own a 5/6 year old Franklin DropZone which is still going strong. No problems there, but I want something which will fit inside the aforementioned DropZone, and will still allow me to fit in all my personal effects for a day solitary bouldering.

I realise that the Butler is probably the one which has been designed for my intended use, but I just wanted to ask:

1. if anyone has used a Butler, and whether there's any reason I shouldn't just go for that straight off, and
2. if anyone knows of a different pad which fits the bill even better than the Butler.

I did have concerns about the Butler being Taco style, as a friend told me that this can be a problem on the thinner pads. I also wasn't sure if I'd be able to fit a couple of pairs of rock shoes, two chalk bags, a spare fleece etc, lunch, and a drink inside with it inside the DropZone.

Any thoughts gratefully welcomed.

P.S. Obviously I don't want to pay the Earth, but I don't mind paying a little bit more for the extra quality. My Franklin is heavenly, and I paid extra for that one, rather than a Metolius which I thought was a little too soft.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#1 Re: 2nd pad
June 26, 2007, 10:24:21 pm
I think Alpkit do a small pad which has some whacky name or other. Moon used to do one, they still might...

philo

• forum hero
#2 Re: 2nd pad
June 28, 2007, 08:43:21 pm
its the whoooooomph and its 50 bin lids.  i use mine alot and its great :]

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#3 Re: 2nd pad
June 30, 2007, 11:07:05 pm
But it won't even come close to fitting inside a Dropzone. The Woomf looks like the satellite.

Does anybody have any experience of the Butler, or anything similar?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal