UKBouldering.com

Sitges, Spain - Bouldering?? (Read 1908 times)

bouldermonkey

• regular
Sitges, Spain - Bouldering??
June 13, 2007, 10:22:09 am
Hey,

I'm possibly taking a 7 day cheap break in Sitges, Spain in 3 weeks time - lastminute.com kinda thing.. just wondered if anyone knew if there was any bouldering to be done out that way.

I've tried googling it, and i get some hits, but so far have been unable to track down any solid information on if there are any problems to be had out there, and if so, where and what gradings etc.

Any one been out that way before?

Ta.

:bounce:

bigphil

• menacing presence
#1 Re: Sitges, Spain - Bouldering??
June 13, 2007, 12:21:07 pm
Me and the misses went to sitges a few years back.  I didn't find any bouldering and went sport chuffing instead up in the hills near Suriana.  Its a nice little place and only a short train ride from Barca.

bouldermonkey

• regular
#2 Re: Sitges, Spain - Bouldering??
June 13, 2007, 05:47:18 pm
Me and the misses went to sitges a few years back.  I didn't find any bouldering and went sport chuffing instead up in the hills near Suriana.  Its a nice little place and only a short train ride from Barca.

Thanks for the info Phil... much appreciated.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#3 Re: Sitges, Spain - Bouldering??
June 14, 2007, 10:35:39 am
montserrat isnt that far either. Climbing isnt great. Sitges is host to the first ever Pacha. You should go. Its also very gay friendly.

smuidim

#4 Re: Sitges, Spain - Bouldering??
June 21, 2007, 06:21:27 am
The tiny bit of bouldering i tried in Sitges was very crap on sharp shitty rock. It didn't help that the beach was a nudist beach in an as mentioned gay friendly area...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal