UKBouldering.com

Internet based drama about differently shaped lumps of wood (Read 2203 times)

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
The account still works for me: https://www.instagram.com/c4hp/

it could be that you blocked him at some point, you'll have to check your blocked accounts list. Otherwise, you should probably have been nicer to them in the past ;)

I have never blocked anyone and I don't remember ever posting anything on his IG. I don't actually use IG that much, so flicked through my "history" and don't see anything (not sure if IG deletes interactions with blocked people?).

All very odd....

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
I've scanned down Tyler Nelson's IG and can't find his version of an ergo edge. Can anyone link it please?

Interested to see what Lattice supposedly copied.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Firstly it's a great thread title. Secondly it makes me glad I'm not "on the 'gram".

Thirdly I can see this sort of thing becoming extremely popular with first year climbers looking to break into 6B or smash out F7a (as long as it doesn't clash with their personalised, periodised training regime, of course).

JamieG

• forum hero
I've scanned down Tyler Nelson's IG and can't find his version of an ergo edge. Can anyone link it please?

Interested to see what Lattice supposedly copied.

I assume it is this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7RoSIrpCLR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

:shrug:

remus

• forum hero
That's his pisstake of the lattice edge, not whatever he sells/uses. Not actually sure what his real edge looks like, but I assume it's something like this

JamieG

• forum hero
That's his pisstake of the lattice edge, not whatever he sells/uses.

Ah okay. The whole thing seems totally crazy to me.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
That's his pisstake of the lattice edge, not whatever he sells/uses. Not actually sure what his real edge looks like, but I assume it's something like this

I've used Simon's edges. I can't comment on the effectiveness of the concept but I found the spacing of the steps meant my fingers were uncomfortably spread apart, small hands I guess. If Lattice have found away of recreating the effect but without the unlevel edges then that is quite innovative.

More searching than I'd care to admit turned up this. Which is Tyler's edge. It seems you 3D print it. He's not selling it. Nothing innovative there.

His reaction seems very disproportionate, perhaps worryingly so. Hopefully he has someone to talk to to keep him grounded on this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal