UKBouldering.com

Welsh Highballs (Read 12338 times)

BenF

• forum hero
#50 Re: Welsh Highballs
June 25, 2007, 12:08:21 pm
Bugger, that's a worthy note of caution.  At least he won't miss any dry weather though.  It'll take six weeks for the flooding to subside.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#51 Re: Welsh Highballs
June 25, 2007, 12:16:10 pm
...and a note of caution. just spoke to Ding Dong; he went to the Cave on Friday night to try the Director's Cut - Upper Cut link. He slipped off the DC crux (going into the shothole) and hit the deck without a pad, landing on his hand. Turns out it's broken in a couple of places. 6 weeks in a caste apparently. :(

Which caste will he be in then?  Is he actually going to a Hindu country to practice or can he just stay here?  Hope he's not going into the 'untouchables' or his luck is really down. :oops:

Doylo

• forum hero
#52 Re: Welsh Highballs
June 25, 2007, 12:46:08 pm
...and a note of caution. just spoke to Ding Dong; he went to the Cave on Friday night to try the Director's Cut - Upper Cut link. He slipped off the DC crux (going into the shothole) and hit the deck without a pad, landing on his hand. Turns out it's broken in a couple of places. 6 weeks in a caste apparently. :(

yes the great ding dong rang me up to inform me of his misfortune. Such a shame cos in his words "it was feeling alright" I'm sure he'll be back once its all healed up though to complete the deal.

dave

#53 Re: Welsh Highballs
June 25, 2007, 12:51:53 pm

Which caste will he be in then?  Is he actually going to a Hindu country to practice or can he just stay here?  Hope he's not going into the 'untouchables' or his luck is really down. :oops:

if his hand is in one caste, and the rest of his body in another, then that could explain an detrimental impact on climbing ability, if they aren't allowed to talk to each other.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#54 Re: Welsh Highballs
June 25, 2007, 01:31:40 pm
Does that make him half-caste?

richieb

• menacing presence
#55 Re: Welsh Highballs
June 27, 2007, 10:39:42 pm
Bad luck Neil...

I can hear it already......'I was at the cave the other day and there was this guy doing left wall traverse with a cast on one hand! In his trainers too!!'

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#56 Re: Welsh Highballs
June 27, 2007, 11:56:04 pm

He did turn up the other night, but didn't climb. Give it another week though and I'm sure he'll be swinging around with a weight belt on. ::)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#57 Re: Welsh Highballs
July 25, 2007, 04:12:04 pm
News of another classic highball in Cwm Silyn:

Takes the wall direct, just left of the climber. Full details:

http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=289

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal