UKBouldering.com

James Pond SS (Read 2093 times)

DJ Greg C

James Pond SS
June 11, 2007, 10:38:31 pm
I was tryin my hardest in bakin temps on Saturday afternoon when these northern grease monkeys from Merseyside started buttering up the holds!

Managing to reign in my fury, I told em not to touch it till I got it done! Sure enough, I got the "tourist tick" with the slightest of power dabs and all was well in the pass!  8)

Greg C

• forum hero
#1 Re: James Pond SS
June 12, 2007, 08:41:07 am
That's bullshit... there was nothing "slight" about it! I practically walked out from under the roof and French started for the finishing holds. Didn't see at as a problem as  "power dabbing" in Wales seems part of the sport. :P

Oh yeah and those Mersysiders are grease monkeys, and lanky to boot!

CJD by any chance...

Greg C

• forum hero
#2 Re: James Pond SS
June 12, 2007, 08:56:27 am
Whilst I don't mind the send-up there's something a bit unerringly worrying about someone pretending to be you, I feel like Arnie (minus the biceps) in The Sixth Day.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#3 Re: James Pond SS
June 12, 2007, 09:28:51 am
It's a sign of true celebrity when you get a stalker, or so they say. Still, a bit wierd though.

CJD wasn't there when you were on JP sds, there was just myself, Monolith, Richie C, Sloper, Mike and perhaps one or two others? Nigel?

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#4 Re: James Pond SS
June 12, 2007, 09:43:07 am
I'm pretty sure Crouch was a big fan of the DJ's works...

Learning from the experiences of the weekend, getting severly pissed the night before training is clearly the way forward  :lol: Sunday was the greasiest, most humid day known to man!

Monday was spent sitting in a swimming pool of sheep shit under CRC impersonating the resident sheep. You didn't miss much if you got off on Sunday night  ::)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#5 Re: James Pond SS
June 12, 2007, 09:53:18 am
I was there too. I'd have taken the tourist tick as well.  ;)

Having just last night rewatched Primal Fear, I have to wonder if there's another explanation for your impersenator Greg?  :lol:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#6 Re: James Pond SS
June 13, 2007, 10:01:32 am
Those starting holds were greasier than a buttered up bar of lard! I must share some (most) of the blame  :whistle:

Good effort on Greg's behlaf as I found the stand piss compared to the sitter which felt on the trickier side of desperate  :bow:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal