UKBouldering.com

Bouldering and bivvy - max four hours from London (Read 3717 times)

lego

Hiya

Looking for inspiration really - we've been dashing up to the Peak (Plantation, Roaches, Burbage Valley) Dartmoor (ish) and the Cuttings for a day's bouldering (leave after dinner - late night bivvy, then climb, then home) - but i'm looking for new venues...

Thanks for all suggestions!

James

lego

How about S.Wales - know the Wye Valley area and as far as i know there's no bouldering, but how about Gower or around Cardiff?

Any ideas? 

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Wouldn't bother going to South Wales from London for bouldering. Go to a different part of the areas you have been before. Smallcombe or somewhere on Dartmoor would be top. I reckon you can get to Yorkshire, N Wales or the Lakes in 4 hours. 

lego

Yeah - would like to explore more of the Peak, Yorks and even Lancs - but have to get to know these places first as i'm a bit put off driving up on a Friday night, turning up at midnight and having nowhere to bivvy - but then if you're up early enough you can kip most places i reckon!

Actually - always liked the look of Thorn Crag - but's it's not close...

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
What about Cratcliffe and Robin Hoods Stride they aren't too far from the M1.

lego

Cool - cheers man!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
but have to get to know these places first as i'm a bit put off driving up on a Friday night, turning up at midnight and having nowhere to bivvy - but then if you're up early enough you can kip most places i reckon!

Ok, you can now mark me down as confused. So you want suggestions of places you don't know, but don't want to go to them becasue you don't know them? If you get to the crag at midnight, most places are remote enough that you can doss sdown for a few hours.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal