UKBouldering.com

Strenght yesterday, PE today? (Read 1656 times)

ghisino

• forum abuser
Strenght yesterday, PE today?
July 07, 2011, 11:17:51 am
Just curious if someone has extensive experience or theoretical information about mixing different forms of training on cconsecutive days.
Why one should or shouldn't do it, in which order it can be done, which combinations should be avoided.

More in the specific, about mixing max strenght/recruitment session on day 1 with a PE session on day 2... :-\

(that's what i'm motivated to do. But is it a good idea?)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#1 Re: Strenght yesterday, PE today?
July 07, 2011, 01:52:38 pm
Go for it. Mixing different types of training on consecutive days or even on the same day is a good idea. Although Strength and PE are intensive they are quite different as the strength session is about neural and muscular development whereas the PE session is focussed on training the energy systems. There are a few variables at work though i.e. how big a beasting you give yourself in one session and how big a beast you are in terms of recovery from a beasting. Recovery is a trainable so keeping at it in the early phase is worth persisting with even if it feels detrimental. Also if you get used to particular types of session you don't feel as beat up doing them and recover from them better although when you reach that point it is probably a sign that you need to switch training to something else.

Dexter

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Strenght yesterday, PE today?
July 08, 2011, 05:25:29 pm
I did intense bouldering one day then easy sport onsight climbing the next and found it worked quite well but I would suggest taking a rest after a few days on doing this

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal