UKBouldering.com

the BIG dyno (Read 10212 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 the BIG dyno
November 13, 2002, 01:24:15 pm
Chipping is re-mapping the ECU on a fuel injected car (the thingy that controls when the injectors fire, etc). The standard chip program is often a bit wooly to take into account different altitudes, emissions regs, crap fuel, etc, so a re-map just optimises it.

It's a bit hit and miss I find. On my two last cars it varied. I had an E36 BMW 325i which it made a big difference too, and then an old bimmer 535 which it didn't do that much too (largely to the extremely restrictive exhaust system, methinks). So, fingers crossed. The Preza already has a filter and pipe which helps maginify any effects of the chip.

I just like chipping things I think - my mobike is chipped, my old psx was chipped, we're thinking of getting the cat chipped  :!:  and I'm trying to find a ps2 chip that doesn't involve 5 hours with a soldering iron to install.

Chipping is righteous, chipping is good.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#26 the BIG dyno
November 13, 2002, 01:25:43 pm
Quote from: "hongkongstuey"
The lass is Luisa -

That'll be Ms Giles then - she's a good trad climber too I hear.....well her CT profile seems to say so anyway....

dave

#27 the BIG dyno
November 13, 2002, 01:30:11 pm
I gets you. Cheerz for clearing that one up.

Quote from: "Bubba"
I'm trying to find a ps2 chip that doesn't involve 5 hours with a soldering iron to install.

Theres probably a bloke down the <insert pub name> that can do it for a tenner - there seems to be one in every pub in south yorkshire. Or failing that, some car boot sale near Donny.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#28 the BIG dyno
November 13, 2002, 01:36:44 pm
Lot trickier that than the ps1 mod apparantly, and much more illegal, so lots of the places you used to be able to get yer ps1 done at won't touch ps2.

I'd do it myself, but am not confident at my soldering ability and it'd be too easy to trash you ps2. You can get it done via courier for £100 which when you think about it, is only the price of a couple of games, so would quickly repay itself. Then of course you need a DVD writer, and lots of hiring from Blockybuster.....

justfunk_

• regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/justfunk_dj/staffscene.html
#29 the BIG dyno
November 14, 2002, 01:38:16 pm
It is not too hard if you go with both hands/double believe it or not. It makes it easyier to catch it latch it and then dispatch it?

geeza

Are you over here this wknd then?

dave

#30 the BIG dyno
November 14, 2002, 02:27:39 pm
Is it esssential to be quite so limp-wristed with the trailing hand, like Stu is in the photo? :wink:

Did he shout "oooh shut that door" upon landing it? :lool:

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#31 the BIG dyno
November 14, 2002, 06:40:13 pm
hes sooooooooooooo butch that stuey, all that eastern promise :wink:

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#32 the BIG dyno
November 15, 2002, 12:15:01 am
Quote from: "dave"
Is it esssential to be quite so limp-wristed with the trailing hand, like Stu is in the photo? :wink:

what can i say................................ :oops:

its a bizarre one if you go with your right hand as you end up trailing the back of your left one up the rock as you jump - loosing much skin in the process

i suspect the shout was more along the lines of "take that you bastard" having just latched a move i'd been trying for an eternity. as for that eastern promise..... you boyz don't know what you're missing.........

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal