UKBouldering.com

Best time to visit Font. (Read 1425 times)

bouldermonkey

• regular
Best time to visit Font.
April 30, 2007, 01:44:40 pm
Hey all,

Hope we are keeping well.

I'm in the frows of planning my first ever trip to Font with some friends, unfortnately the majority of the research has been left down to me (thanks guys!).

I have a couple of questions, if i may.

1) When is the best time to visit font - i have vague memories of reading somewhere that July/August was NOT the most suitable time of the year... can anyone confirm the situation on this?

2) Ideally we'd like to stay in a chalet, there'll be 3-4 of us, most likely driving down from York (we like our road trips too)... can any of you seasoned folk recommend any good places to stay? Somewhere near a bar or two is always good, with shops near(ish) by.. but not in the middle of a city/town.

I've tried searching the site, and found tit bits of info - but it appears to mainly deal with the actual climbing of routes and grades etc, not so much the logistics of such a trip.

Any info greatly received..!   :bow:

BM

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#1 Re: Best time to visit Font.
April 30, 2007, 02:14:26 pm
1) It will be hot and humid in july and august, but if you want to go and just have fun, and not neccessarily climb your hardest grades, it will still be fine. I have been a couple of times in August, on the way back from the alps, and still had a good time.

2) Try gites-de-france.com for lots of choice on rental appartments/cottages.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal