UKBouldering.com

bus stop (Read 1979 times)

Banana finger

• addict
  • daft lad
bus stop
April 29, 2007, 10:17:15 pm
this may seem like a daft question but how does this problem top out? is it acceptable to top out the jez's roof way once you've got the lip or do you have to grovel directly over............if so it looks hard! p.s is starting it with right on thundercut n left on the side pull thing above it acceptable or is it strictly arse ont deck? Any info much appreciated.

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#1 Re: bus stop
April 30, 2007, 09:41:07 am
Left hand pinch Right on side pull and plant your feet on although I can only do the first move using the undercut you mentioned, I believe the ground level has dropped so much that the original sitter is no more but I`ve seen Nige Callendar do it from sitting using nasty little holds. I think both top outs are in but I think the original rocked out directly at the lip.  :)

Banana finger

• addict
  • daft lad
#2 Re: bus stop
April 30, 2007, 11:56:55 am
cheers man, makes sense about the ground level dropping because the sitter looks either go go gadget arms reachy or nails!

JohnM

• junky
#3 Re: bus stop
April 30, 2007, 12:22:46 pm
I found an easier way to top out just by doing a minor hand adjustment.  When I went for the lip I threw over to get the flat hold with the edge at the top and then swung round to get my heel on to gain the higher flat hold (as on jerry's) with no edge for my left hand.  Then I moved my right hand up a few inches to a small dink so i could bring my left hand on to he more positive flat hold with my left.  This made the move where you rock onto your toe or heel to gain the high flat hold much easier as you can pull harder and press down more on the more positive hold. 

Scouse D

• forum hero
#4 Re: bus stop
April 30, 2007, 08:51:44 pm
I found an easier way to top out just by doing a minor hand adjustment.  When I went for the lip I threw over to get the flat hold with the edge at the top and then swung round to get my heel on to gain the higher flat hold (as on jerry's) with no edge for my left hand.  Then I moved my right hand up a few inches to a small dink so i could bring my left hand on to he more positive flat hold with my left.  This made the move where you rock onto your toe or heel to gain the high flat hold much easier as you can pull harder and press down more on the more positive hold. 

Clear and concise...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal