UKBouldering.com

Leg shavers anonymous (Read 573771 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#2275 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 01, 2010, 10:50:46 pm
You need 3  ;)

AM  /  FR & DH bike...

yeah... 3

chappers

• forum hero
#2276 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 04, 2010, 02:09:34 pm
i don't believe for a second that that mechanical doping shit is real. cancellara is a monster. end of. he could drop boonen any day of the week.
how possibly could something that fits inside a 1 inch diameter tube produce as much torque required.

lets just face it, the fact that fabian is pushed out average 629 watts for 3:15 in last years tour of california prologue. he needs no motor.

and...he won me money with his roubaix/flanders wins.
and...i love him a bit.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2277 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 04, 2010, 03:30:27 pm
Anyone tried out one of these beasts?

:P

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#2278 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 04, 2010, 05:56:12 pm
it looks from the video like the thing exists, i'm not saying that he has used it. Torque wise it probably would work in that it wouldn't power the bike alone, all it would have to do is give you a power benefit over the extra weight and any  additional friction it caused. after that even a 5 percent advantage would be significant. certainly something the officals should be checking for even if it hasn't be used yet.

clm

• forum hero
#2279 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 04, 2010, 09:07:11 pm
theyd notice it. It'd fuck up the weight and the balance. Those bikes are so light they have to add weight to make them legal. Such a lump in such a place would be noticeable. Electric motors with any kind of power whatsoever are heavy. They need lots of coils.
Id have to have a go on one to believe they work.
The video comments on cancallara sitting down to blast away. Thats good technique on cobbles. traction innit.

chummer

• forum abuser
#2280 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 13, 2010, 08:10:01 pm
Since fucking my shoulder I've been getting out a lot on me newish road bike and just wanted to tell anyone who will listen (so that rules out nearly everyone I know) that i fuckin love it. I was scared of doing further rides (relatively speaking of course) in case I didn't have the legs to get back but did the Sheffield/ Hathersage circuit for the first time, fuckin loved it, 45mph feels fast eh?  ;D
So with newly gained confidence and realising that you don't have to hammer the fuck out of it every minute of the ride head down on the drops style I did a Caernarfon- Beddgelert-Llanberis Pass circuit and apart from an incredibly sore arse and newly graveled Nant Gwynant climb, fuckin loved that too and I can't wait to get out again once my arse stops hurting.

Well thats it really, I am a convert, it's added another dimension to where I live (N.Wales) and given me something that goes some way towards feeding the rat that climbing can no longer satisfy properly..
I'll go now before I get emotional.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#2281 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 17, 2010, 10:38:28 pm
Thought I would do the Longstone Edge Hilly time trial last night for a bit of a laugh - first time trial I've done since 1988! 17.6 miles of pain, followed by the intense feeling of relief when it was all over. If anybody fancies a go on the course, start at the layby you park in to go to Stoney and ride up past the 3 Stags, turn left and go up to Litton, and then drop down into Millers Dale and straight back up the other side past Seans Roof, then turn left through Priestcliffe and then left onto the A6 down into Ashford. Then left again for a drag to the roundabout then left through Hassop back to Calver.

Last nights winner did it it 43 minutes (although it was Dan Craven, who's a pro with Rapha Condor). I managed a lowly 57 minutes by comparison, although the last place managed 1hour 29mins which made me feel a bit better!

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#2282 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 18, 2010, 04:37:41 pm
Thats sounds like a fine effort percy, there's some pictures on the website http://peakroadclub.wordpress.com/circuit-of-longstone-edge-tt-2010/]
[url]http://peakroadclub.wordpress.com/circuit-of-longstone-edge-tt-2010/
[/url]about half way down.

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
#2283 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 18, 2010, 05:55:46 pm
Thought I would do the Longstone Edge Hilly time trial last night for a bit of a laugh - first time trial I've done since 1988! 17.6 miles of pain, followed by the intense feeling of relief when it was all over. If anybody fancies a go on the course, start at the layby you park in to go to Stoney and ride up past the 3 Stags, turn left and go up to Litton, and then drop down into Millers Dale and straight back up the other side past Seans Roof, then turn left through Priestcliffe and then left onto the A6 down into Ashford. Then left again for a drag to the roundabout then left through Hassop back to Calver.

Is this about it ? http://www.mapmyride.com/route/detail/18585652/

Duma

• forum hero
#2284 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 18, 2010, 06:27:42 pm

someone else we might recognize:

think I may have found your 1'29":

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#2285 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 18, 2010, 10:50:18 pm
To sum up...

Thats not my best side, although at least I've wiped the snot off my face.

Bentley has gone to the dark side, and is sporting freshly shaved pins, unlike my hairy offerings.

The big lad made it round, even after walking up some of the hills, which is a brilliant effort in my opinion, cos I weigh about as much as one of his wrists but I still had an average heart rate of 166 for my 57 minutes of effort. :bow:

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com

El Mocho

• forum abuser
#2287 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 21, 2010, 04:24:12 pm
Is that you behind the 'big lad', head down and trying to get on his tail  ;)

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#2288 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 21, 2010, 08:37:59 pm
I think he'd just dropped me...

bigd942

• addict
#2289 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 21, 2010, 10:54:13 pm
Looks like no/little deflection in those tyres at all, either on tubs pumped solid or isn't as heavy as he appears, yanks call anyone above 90kg a "clydesdale" which is rather neat I think.

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
#2290 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
June 30, 2010, 05:23:09 pm
good news = according to garmin i did froggat hil in 16:30ish  ;D (fresh whilst recceing the bike section of hathersage triathlon) http://connect.garmin.com/player/38318500

bad news = after weeks of being spoiled with wall to wall sunshine the weather is looking cak for the 100 mile sportive on sunday (wind AND rain  :'(  )

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#2291 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 01, 2010, 09:59:47 pm
Anyone heading down to cliffhanger at the weekend? This sounds like fun
http://cliff-hanger.co.uk/whatson/133/cycling-rollapaluza-free
Is there another Cliffhanger 2010 thread? Couldn't see it.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#2292 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2010, 06:12:03 pm
Posted a 24.2 on the roller race, which I was quite pleased with, sub 25 are 'good times'. Third best of the event so far (the best being 23. something)

erm, sam

• forum hero
#2293 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 03, 2010, 11:02:11 pm
whilst recceing the bike section of hathersage triathlon
What! Thats almost cheating!
Makes me me feel even more nervous about the fact I haven't been near a swimming pool in a year, have a gimp leg that hurts after 3km and havn't cycled more than 15km in a day since last summer. Ho hum.
I had said that a sprint triathlon is good because " you can do one with basic fitness and no actual training", so I guess I will be testing that idea...
What swim time did you put down on the form?

Bowie

• addict
#2294 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 06, 2010, 07:19:36 pm
I've just gone and got myself a fixie... Just got a little place in London and all the cool folks in east London appear to have lovely simple fixies/single speeds so I'd thought I'd join the gang. Went to see Alex at bicicletta (sp) and he worked his magic on me. Bought a 'fixie Inc. Peacemaker' it's got this fancy carbonride or somesuch fabric thing instead of a chain. Superstealth riding. Man it's flat down here.

fatkid2000

• junky
#2295 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 06, 2010, 08:17:09 pm
I've just gone and got myself a fixie... Just got a little place in London and all the cool folks in east London appear to have lovely simple fixies/single speeds so I'd thought I'd join the gang. Went to see Alex at bicicletta (sp) and he worked his magic on me. Bought a 'fixie Inc. Peacemaker' it's got this fancy carbonride or somesuch fabric thing instead of a chain. Superstealth riding. Man it's flat down here.

I saw that fixie inc with the belt-drive a couple of months back - very nice indeed, beware of having it pinched down there. Nice bikes last no time in the city.

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
#2296 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 06, 2010, 08:48:49 pm

What swim time did you put down on the form?

had a total guess at 12 minutes (no idea - can't swim crawl can swim quite good breaststroke)

might be a moot point as i've got grim tonsillitis - so have to see if i get over it  :'(

erm, sam

• forum hero
#2297 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 06, 2010, 09:38:21 pm
Hope you do. Lots of lucasade, that'll do the trick.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#2298 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 13, 2010, 01:23:47 pm
I went to a screening of the Ben Ingham / Rapha film about Dario Pegoretti last week. Called D'acciaio (Of Steel), it was totally amazing, hilarious, beautifully filmed, etc, etc... Highly recommended.

Stubbs

#2299 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
July 13, 2010, 01:55:50 pm
I've just gone and got myself a fixie...

I saw that fixie inc with the belt-drive a couple of months back - very nice indeed, beware of having it pinched down there. Nice bikes last no time in the city.

Was gonna say the same, hope you've got a couple of good locks for it, the tea leafs don't seem to be shy about taking whichever bits they can get off!

This is my London ride, frame off gumtree and bits from friends or bought new (Facebook pic)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal