UKBouldering.com

Leg shavers anonymous (Read 573575 times)

chappers

• forum hero
#1975 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 22, 2009, 09:38:44 pm
no profile, and the only two climbs i have been up over there are not in it! but that said, how hard can it be?.....it is however 25quid which seems steep for me for a half length sportive ride???

chappers

• forum hero
#1976 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 22, 2009, 10:24:32 pm
in other news just made a complaint to the BBC about their employment for James Martin. what a tosser.  :wank:

thinking about phoning us saturday kitchen to vote on food heaven/hell and ask an inane question then call him a cunt!

fatkid2000

• junky
#1977 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 23, 2009, 06:55:36 am
Anyone feel like getting fit over the winter for this:
http://centcolschallenge.com/

UKB Team? Need to be in a team to enter. The route looks slightly tiring!

fatkid, stop it  :spank:

you are meant to be training for the spainish DH trip.

Oh yes - the one that I accidently mentioned to Mrs FD the other night - woops, she'd obviously also forgotten.

I'm not doing this Cent Cols - far too hard core for me. My cousin who use to race is thinking of getting a team together and thought getting a doctor on board may be of some use, until I pointed out that I wouldn't be much use to anyone as I laid dieing at the roadside at the top of some big col.

Chappers I was also thinking of phoning up Saturday kitchen, but have better things to do on a Saturday morning - but it must have crossed many a ridders mind.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#1978 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 23, 2009, 10:19:47 am
Alan Partridge comes to mind...

James Martin:

Have you got a question for Jamie Oliver?

Steve:

Yeah, er, Jamie.

Jamie:

Hello, Steve, hello

Steve:

Um, I'm a big fan of The Naked Chef.

Tony:

{aspirated chuckle}Oh!

James Martin:

"The Naked Chef!"

Steve:

I'm just wondering if you're gonna bring that back, you know, have repeats of that

Jamie Oliver:

Um, there - I must confess- there aren't any firm plans at the moment, but I, I was a big fan of the series and I'm pleased to hear that, er, it's fondly remembered in the public's eye and, um, yes I'll do my best to see for the fut...actually, you could possibly get it on video.

James Martin:

Is it available on video?

Steve:

No, I don't think so

Jamie:

You could try the BBC Shop, but I'm not sure myself

James Martin:

Well I hope, I hope that helps you, Steve.

Steve:

Yeah. Can I ask you a question, James?

James Martin:

Certainly. Fire away.

Steve:

Why are you such a cunt?

James Martin:

Um, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, we do, we can't...we had no control of that so I apologise in advance

Steve:

You haven't answered the question you fat faced fuck pig…

James Martin:

Why hasn't he been cut off!!? He should have been cut off!...

Steve:

Why are you...{cut off}

chappers

• forum hero
#1979 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 23, 2009, 07:46:27 pm

i thought this might interest some of you...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#1980 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 23, 2009, 09:38:21 pm
holy shit....

sweeet...

SteveM

• stalker
  • I feel the need for speed
    • bad-altitude
#1981 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 24, 2009, 07:44:49 am
Du Nu Nu nu Nu nu nu nu Du Nu nu nu nu nu nu nu Du Nu nu nu nu nu nu nuu bat bike!

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
#1982 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 24, 2009, 09:20:32 am
That thing must be so quick that it needs stealth paint to avoid radar spped guns.

Ugly seatpost though, otherwise its lovely.

Seeing as its from the Weight Weenies website it probably only weighs 10lbs or something too.

fatkid2000

• junky
#1983 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 24, 2009, 03:49:46 pm
OMFG - Just been watching the world championship time trial and Cancellera was just awesome - totally blitzed everybody.
And poor old Wiggo - challenging for 3rd and had a mechanical problem - ?something went wrong with his gear cabling.

fatkid2000

• junky
#1984 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 25, 2009, 10:15:27 am
OMFG - Just been watching the world championship time trial and Cancellera was just awesome - totally blitzed everybody.
And poor old Wiggo - challenging for 3rd and had a mechanical problem - ?something went wrong with his gear cabling.

Bet Wiggo - won't be using Di2 again.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#1985 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 25, 2009, 02:05:19 pm
Tour of the Pennines profile is here - http://www.cyclosport.org/eventdetails.aspx?eventid=2322

Wiggins Di2 dropped his chain for him which knocked his brake calipers out of alignment causing them to rub on his wheels - not what you need in a time trial!

chappers

• forum hero
#1986 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 26, 2009, 08:16:23 am
i bet he wishes that british cycling/garmin (whoever prepped his bike) spent an extra tenner for a chain keeper!

clm

• forum hero
#1987 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 27, 2009, 03:46:17 pm
Went to reccie cat and fiddle today and do a bit of training for tour of peak - fuckwit that i am chose to ride on the day of a time trial.  guys passing me like they were on motorbikes.  winning time for 6.5 miles up cat and fiddle - 18 mins and 12 seconds - sheeeit!   :o

chappers

• forum hero
#1988 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 27, 2009, 10:14:45 pm
that wasnt you that we pointed in the right direction from the brickworks was it??

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#1989 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 28, 2009, 12:55:57 pm
Collected my new wheels today, and have been out for a quick ride this afternoon. Based on this I can firmly say that I for one will not buy any expensive 'super-light' factory-made wheels again. The cheaper factory wheels are great for what they are, but hand-built to your own spec is definately the way to go if you are investing in a really good pair of wheels.
What I've ended up with is a pair of wheels that weigh well under 1400 grams for the pair, that are super stiff and quick (Ambrosio Chrono rims, DT Swiss aerolight spokes, Tune Hubs and Tufo S3 tubs), and cost a third of anything made in a factory that comes anywhere near in quality or performance. They look the business on the bike too (they make the whole bike look skinny!), and you can tell the wheel builder exactly how you want them laced so they perform exactly how you want. Its taken a while to get them, but well worth the wait.  :)
They might be factory built but those mavic wheels you sold me Percy are definitely a step up from run of the mill clinchers I'm used to. They roll nice and smooth esp with the 23mm tyres on pumped up to 100psi.

Are the hand builds better that the planet X carbon ?

chappers

• forum hero
#1990 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 28, 2009, 03:06:05 pm
any wheel will be better than planet x, they all have the same terrible hubs from what i can work out  :shrug:

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
#1991 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 29, 2009, 11:54:34 am
Went to reccie cat and fiddle today and do a bit of training for tour of peak - fuckwit that i am chose to ride on the day of a time trial.  guys passing me like they were on motorbikes.  winning time for 6.5 miles up cat and fiddle - 18 mins and 12 seconds - sheeeit!   :o
Niel Bentley was in the time trial: - He came 9th 21minutes something. And apparently he can climb a bit or something :o

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#1992 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 29, 2009, 01:56:18 pm
Bentlegs came third in the buxton long hill time trial average speed 18.532mph, gulp

clm

• forum hero
#1993 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
September 30, 2009, 09:56:22 pm
Whats the brickworks?

....aaaah, the wonders of google.

no.  im sorry to say i drove out to mac - legs were still dead from saturday.  anyone elso doing tour de peak on 24th oct?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:03:25 pm by clm »

Yossarian

• forum hero
#1994 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 02, 2009, 10:30:21 am

http://www.londoncyclesport.com/Showroom/Product_News/New_Wilier_Imperiale.html

Anyone noticed this? Wilier Imperiale. Replaces the Le Roi as the second model down from the Cento.  Still over 4 big ones mind.

I don't want a Cento now...

fatkid2000

• junky
#1995 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 02, 2009, 06:27:50 pm
I thought the imperiale was the aero version of the cento1 to compete with bikes such as the Cervelo S3. I may be wrong though.
http://www.RoadCyclingUK.com/news/article/mps/uan/4261
http://www.wilier.it/

I'm also stuck as to which bike I need to get. The cento superleggero looks interesting as well.  :-\

Yossarian

• forum hero
#1996 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 02, 2009, 08:40:19 pm
It's based on the Cento and it is aero, so I suppose it is.  They're only offering it with Chorus in the UK, so it's much better priced (relatively).

The Cento Superleggera is also awesome.  The Imperiale just looks so good though. 

soapy

• junky
    • maskon
#1997 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 03, 2009, 03:20:23 pm
a wilier naysayer sez build up an s1 frame

Duma

• forum hero
#1998 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 03, 2009, 11:06:35 pm
I'm with Soaps, Wiliers have never done it for me and that imperiale looks like a rubbish bmc-alike. Sorry.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#1999 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 03, 2009, 11:14:59 pm
Willier, schmillier........ Cervelo for me every time, or a Lynskey, or a Lightspeed, or a Look, or a Serotta......

Most of the expensive Italian bikes nowadays are made in Taiwan/China/Vietnam (delete as appropriate) anyway. Not that there's anything wrong with this - just that if you spend loads on a nice Italian thoroughbred, I for one would like it to have been lovingly crafted in an Italian workshop....not on a massive far eastern production line making bikes for 20 different brands...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal