UKBouldering.com

Leg shavers anonymous (Read 573646 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#400 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 27, 2007, 01:40:50 pm
pink oakleys
oh my god!

not my usual french DH lift assisted fun, but "real" bike type riding
stop this sickness now!

hmmmmm.......pink.... and lycra hmmmmm......  :devangel:

Yossarian

• forum hero
#401 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 27, 2007, 01:57:25 pm
and green too....

Yossarian

• forum hero
#402 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 27, 2007, 03:41:25 pm
watch out chaps....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/26/nsex126.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

i wonder if it's still illegal if the frame is more than 16 years old?

andy_e

• forum hero
#403 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 27, 2007, 05:10:07 pm
 :o

He is not the first man to be convicted of a sexual offence involving an inanimate object, however.

Karl Watkins, an electrician, was jailed for having sex with pavements in Redditch, Worcs, in 1993.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#404 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 27, 2007, 05:28:39 pm
i wonder if it was a manhole...?

clm

• forum hero
#405 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 27, 2007, 11:27:11 pm
by the way, did this pass you lot by.  a north west tonight special!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article367345.ece :goodidea:

clm

• forum hero
#406 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 28, 2007, 08:10:55 am
This however is not a good idea

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#407 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 28, 2007, 10:57:29 pm
Thats gotta hurt. Reminds me of the big H's crash speed skiing.

Fatleg

• addict
#408 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
October 29, 2007, 12:01:25 pm
Have a look at these nutters

http://www.digave.com/

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#409 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 02, 2007, 11:47:49 am
Thats gotta hurt. Reminds me of the big H's crash speed skiing.

You reckon that was a carbon or Al frame?

philo

• forum hero

Fatleg

• addict
#411 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 03, 2007, 04:52:48 pm
Or how about a commute sat on your arse?

Paul B

• forum hero
#412 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 04, 2007, 04:23:48 pm
Can I ask the "leg shaver's of this site" what the cycling etiquette is with regards to riding in peletons and cars? I just followed a peleton up past Froggat and it was impossible to get past safely for absoloutely ages (not just 5 minutes before anyone gets grumpy). Now I understand they probably ride like that for their protection but this was taking the piss a little.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#413 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 04, 2007, 05:21:14 pm
My Dad's just been put in hospital by a 16 year old kid on bike with no lights, only one working brake, riding on the pavement. A friend of Mrs Obi's mum just died from cracking his head on the pavement after being knocked over by a cyclist in London. Risking you own life biking in heavy traffic is good fun, I've been there, but killing and injuring pedestrians is not really that clever is it. Be careful out there.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#414 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 04, 2007, 05:23:25 pm
And there was me thinking riding a bike on the pavement was illegal   :shrug:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#415 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 04, 2007, 05:26:54 pm
My Dad's just been put in hospital by a 16 year old kid on bike with no lights, only one working brake, riding on the pavement. A friend of Mrs Obi's mum just died from cracking his head on the pavement after being knocked over by a cyclist in London. Risking you own life biking in heavy traffic is good fun, I've been there, but killing and injuring pedestrians is not really that clever is it. Be careful out there.

that sort of behaviour is just not on...

last year a 9 year old was tanking it down my pavement (on a big hill), i reversed out, he hit van... hard. no helemet, poor brakes (i fixed them for him!). i now a have a 9 year  olds dent / impression on the side of my van  >:( we even took him to the hosser to get checked out. ruined my day i can tell you.  had to register accident with the police etc...

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#416 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 04, 2007, 07:12:08 pm
Riding in a bunch on busy roads where its hard for cars to overtake on a very busy Sunday is pretty thoughtless to say the least. I think in this case use of the word peleton (implying a group of experienced riders moving at speed) may well not be appropriate - more like a big bunch of bikers hogging the road. Mind you, its a free country..... it could have been some 99 year old out for a potter in their model-T hogging the road instead. As the last few posts have all highlighted, there are loads of cyclists about who act inconsiderately. I think its important (for me personally at least) to make sure I'm not one of them. Its always the minority of tosspots who give the majority a bad name. C'est la vie!

Paul B

• forum hero
#417 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 04, 2007, 09:52:37 pm
sorry for incorrectly using a cycling tech term   :-[ there were a lot of them... all wearing similar jerseys so i'm guessing some kind of club.

chappers

• forum hero
#418 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 06, 2007, 10:22:37 am
some local chain gang...

ive had a run in, two mornings in a row with two wanker taxi drivers who insist that i must ride absolutely in the gutter or else i will get a car VERY close to me before a beep as they pass giving me the finger. funny how no other car driver has ever complained about how i ride on the road. also, i dont like car drivers who insist on passing on a round-a-bout. not fun.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#419 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 06, 2007, 10:36:54 am
I know that some of you drive cars;  but please, let's be aggreed:  car drivers are cunts.

Motorcyclists pay good road tax too.   Blows me away how many car drivers forget they drive a steel box. 

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#420 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 06, 2007, 10:44:49 am
I know that some of you drive cars;  but please, let's be aggreed:  car drivers are cunts.

Bus drivers are bigger cunts...

Blows me away how many car drivers forget they drive a steel box. 

...and drive bigger steel boxes too, and are completely unaware of the length of their vehicle and ignorant of the Highway code which states...

Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should

* not get too close to the vehicle you intend to overtake
    * use your mirrors, signal when it is safe to do so, take a quick sideways glance if necessary into the blind spot area and then start to move out
    * not assume that you can simply follow a vehicle ahead which is overtaking; there may only be enough room for one vehicle
    * move quickly past the vehicle you are overtaking, once you have started to overtake. Allow plenty of room. Move back to the left as soon as you can but do not cut in

Give vulnerable road users at least as much space as you would a car

* take extra care at night and in poor visibility when it is harder to judge speed and distance
    * give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road
    * only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so
    * stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left
    * give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you  would when overtaking a car (see Rules 211-215)

Remember: Mirrors – Signal – Manoeuvre

When passing motorcyclists and cyclists, give them plenty of room (see Rules 162-167). If they look over their shoulder it could mean that they intend to pull out, turn right or change direction. Give them time and space to do so.

Motorcyclists and cyclists may suddenly need to avoid uneven road surfaces and obstacles such as drain covers or oily, wet or icy patches on the road. Give them plenty of room and pay particular attention to any sudden change of direction they may have to make.

Given up bothering to write to First Mainline and now challenge the drivers themselves as to why they got so close, most are a bunch of  :wank: 's though, and probably couldn't even  :rtfm: the Highway Code.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#421 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 06, 2007, 10:56:28 am

Nah, i don't agree at all - i'm very courteous around bikes, etc.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#422 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 06, 2007, 11:01:31 am
But you ride, Bubs.

Fatleg

• addict
#423 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 06, 2007, 07:18:42 pm
Lorry drivers are as bad as bus drivers. I got knocked off by some cunt who forgot about his large trailer behind him. Then to top it off the twat in the car behind, stopped laughed, told me to get a car and drove off. While I dusted myself down with large cut to my leg. Most drivers are inpatient wankers who think getting somewhere two minutes earlier will make such a difference to their life. The other thing thats happened recently is drivers moving there cars so you can't get passed when they are stuck in a queue of traffic.

Paul B

• forum hero
#424 Re: Leg shavers anonymous
November 06, 2007, 07:27:19 pm
how many groups of people can we stereotype in one thread?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal