UKBouldering.com

Craig Y Longridge Conditions Report (Read 221478 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
#700 Re: Craig Y Longridge Conditions Report
August 11, 2017, 06:33:52 pm
Anyone know if It's all dry?

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
#701 Re: Craig Y Longridge Conditions Report
August 11, 2017, 08:35:59 pm
No it'll be pretty seepy up there at the mo. High break will be soaked and the normal wet spots will be showing.

Lord_ash2000

Anyone local know if Longridge will be dry by 5pm'ish today? Due to be sunny with a breeze but there has been a lot of rain yesterday and overnight.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Dry as a bone at the moment Ash   :great:

xelaxela

• regular
  • Alex
Sorry to resurrect and ancient topic.  :sorry:

Does anyone know if Craig-Y is dry atm?

Paul B

• forum hero
I was there last night and yes, it was dry (and very cold, glassy even).

The traverse hasn't seen much attention this year by the looks of it so some bits are a little sandy and even un-chalked.

It's worth pointing out that the sandy horn on the very first bit is now incredibly loose, I can't see it surviving the season. There's no saving it.

xelaxela

• regular
  • Alex
Thanks Paul for last weeks reply.

I'm planning on going back today, just concerned re seepage. Does anyone know if Craig-Y is dry following yesterdays drizzle, any info on how long it takes to seep would be appreciated.

Thanks Alex

Paul B

• forum hero
I went on Tues and it was absolutely fine (a little on the cold side!); it'll be fine today if you go after the shade has arrived.

xelaxela

• regular
  • Alex
Anyone been recently know the conditions?

tomtom

• forum hero
Anyone been recently know the conditions?

There’s a FB group Craig Y Longridge appreciation society - that you could try.

My guess (total guess) would be that it’ll be quite seepy.

xelaxela

• regular
  • Alex
Thanks for your reply. I'm not on Facebook. I gave it a punt anyway and it's not too bad mostly dry

tomtom

• forum hero
Thanks for your reply. I'm not on Facebook. I gave it a punt anyway and it's not too bad mostly dry

👍👍

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
Mostly pretty good this afternoon. Didn’t get on anything hard but all good on the stuff I was trying!

xelaxela

• regular
  • Alex
Anyone been recently? I'm thinking of going tomorrow, but will find an alternative if it's seeping from the recent showers.

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
I went on Saturday morning and the top band and early footholds were seeping pretty badly. It then rained most of Saturday afternoon.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Does anybody know the current state of play at all?

Nike Air

• forum abuser
I think it should be in very good condition as its hardly rained around here in a while and my stone trough/bird bath has all dried up.

Monolith

• forum hero
Thanks for the heads up, it was mint yesterday.

I finally got on Delta Force though didn't do it. Are the holds circled below all in? I wasn't sure if the pocket was duos for each hand and then jump to the jug or whether you can have pocket for the right hand, a hold out left for the left hand.

There also seems to be a video on Vimeo that I can't watch for some reason. If anybody has a link to a video of it working, it'd be good to see.

Nike Air

• forum abuser
 Hmmm, not sure.
I'll try and look at the dishwasher

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Probably need to be signed into Vimeo to watch

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Thanks for the heads up, it was mint yesterday.

I finally got on Delta Force though didn't do it. Are the holds circled below all in? I wasn't sure if the pocket was duos for each hand and then jump to the jug or whether you can have pocket for the right hand, a hold out left for the left hand.

There also seems to be a video on Vimeo that I can't watch for some reason. If anybody has a link to a video of it working, it'd be good to see.

Yep, those are all in, plus heal/toe or what ever can be cobbled together out left. Right hand right crimp direct below pocket and roll left over into pocket. Stern for 7c.
That vid is Fertile delta left sitter, v8 a bit keen too, v6/7.

M1V0

• addict
Am I interpreting this correctly as the circled sections are the holds for Delta Force then? So left and right onto the second set of crimps, toe/heel on the spike way out left then roll over with the right into the pocket?

Whenever I've gone to look at this, I've always been trying to start further right.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Yes, that's the concensus last I remember...  but go left into pocket, I think it would be harder to go right, and the little spike out left could be used I guess but I don't think you'll reach the pocket off that. The big jug (start hold to Fertile delta) or something around there seems to be the best way.

M1V0

• addict
Sorry yeah, left into pocket (more fool me for trying to rush a post). Thanks, I'll give it another look next time I'm there!

Monolith

• forum hero
Thanks for the notes all here.

I couldn't get any sort of heel toe to work so was keeping feet directly beneath me on the ledge edges and ultimately going right hand up to the pocket through swinging my foot out to the right. Managed to make a good mockup on the home board so will give it a good few sessions then revisit I think.

I think this feels pretty stern for 7c by the way no?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal