UKBouldering.com

TATE: Liverpool and the Avant-Garde Exhibition (Read 2545 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Just a little plug for this collection currently at the TATE Liverpool. Went to it on Sunday and was thoroughly impressed with some of the work. Highlights for me included Henri-Cartier Bresson's photographs from his visit to the city in 1962 and the incredible photography of Martin Parr (my favourite photographer) and Tom Wood.

In particular, I loved Rineke Dijkstra's multimedia piece -  worth a link in its own right

This will appeal greatly to (not super old, but still old) old school clubbers. I was sat in there on my own laughing as people walked in and probably thought I was part of the exhibition. Oldies just don't geddit maaaaan.

There's a lot of good stuff in there at the moment. Really worth striking whilst the iron is still hot.

Oh and the link.. hit me.

BenF

• forum hero
Good tip there Tom.  As I said the other day, we failed to make it into the Avant-Garde exhibition the other week, having got caught up as usual in other quality stuff.  Did you see the long and rather disturbing (in a thought provoking as opposed to sickening way) video piece exploring violence in the modern age and the media reporting of it?

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Gutted about the 'closed on Monday' scenario - I had just suggested a cultural day out in Liverpool to my wife, when I checked the website to see if it would be open. She can't make it on Tuesday, I can't go on Wednesday, etc - typical!

Monolith

• forum hero
Modern living, who needs it eh? I hadn't realised that the Tate was closed on Mondays actually, bummer. You really ought to make a point of executing that idea some day soon though Simon. It's a top exhibition. Drop any of us residents a line if you need tips or a guide on how to fill your day in exchange for some secret North Wales info  ;)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Well, Thursday might be a possibility yet, so I might be in touch for a duffer's guide to a great day out in your fine city.

If you're heading over to Llanberis, I'd recommend that you go clip some of those shiny new bolts in the quarries - the best fun I've had.....since it got too warm for bouldering on the Ormes.

Monolith

• forum hero
Probs nay, I'm sure we could throw together a good itinerary for the both of you to enjoy.

I think Sleep Deprivation is going to be my next pass stop. How on earth did I ever let that bypass me..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal