UKBouldering.com

South-west esoterica (Read 12788 times)

A Jooser

• menacing presence
#25 Re: South-west esoterica
April 30, 2007, 05:23:58 pm
Yossarian: The Great Zawn is awesome and the climbs in the back - Desolation Row, Candy Man, etc. – are tucked away from the sea and not as committing as the Main Face. They’d be good as a reasonably mellow introduction. There’s a fine collection of single pitch routes at the base of Commando Ridge: Kohima (E3), Imphal (E2), Gallipoli and Anzac Day (both E1). So if you choose not to ab into the Zawn these ones are a good option.

Pordenack’s a nice spot too, once when I was climbing there I saw a pod of dolphins jumping clear out of the water, doing back flips. Maybe they were prudish dolphins trying to give your mermaids a wee bit of privacy! The only confirmed mermaid sighting I know of is in Zennor but alas, that merrymaid is heterosexual and seems to have a thing for choirboys! The story has been immortalised in a carving on and old wooden pew and of course you’ll know that anything commemorated in effigy in a church must be true.

I did find this website with some excellent examples of underwater love but unfortunately the maids pictured seem to have feet not flippers and I guess you’re more of a breasts and fish-tails rather than a legs and arse man. 

Yossarian

• forum hero
#26 Re: South-west esoterica
April 30, 2007, 05:30:02 pm
excellent, excellent... i will look those routes up tonight.

re the mermaids - the thing i find fascinating about them is the fact that they can survive so long without coming up for air. which scores very highly in my book.

A Jooser

• menacing presence
#27 Re: South-west esoterica
April 30, 2007, 05:37:19 pm
re the mermaids - the thing i find fascinating about them is the fact that they can survive so long without coming up for air. which scores very highly in my book.

You mean in a ‘Keep on sippin’ on the ol’ Rootjoose’ kinda way!

andy_e

• forum hero
#28 Re: South-west esoterica
May 01, 2007, 11:20:06 pm
Should have seen the eyes poppin outta my head, they told me that ther band was simply red!
‘Keep on sippin’ on the ol’ Rootjoose’

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal