UKBouldering.com

Recommendations - Val di Mello and Daone/Trento (Read 760 times)

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
Planning a trip to northern Italy in early June and starting to pull together plans that will include a reasonable chunk of bouldering, coupled with an equally healthy dose of vineyards to keep the misses content.

Keen to get some recommendations for sectors to visit and the top-notch 'must-do' problems within them (up to around 7a/7a+) for Val di Mello and Daone/Trento - i'll be looking to integrate 2-3 days at each of these into the itinerary.

Cheers

Stu

Paul B

• forum hero
Screw the climbing, you need to tick the pizzoccheri in the Luna hut after a big day!

Hugh

• regular
Went in 2017 so memory a bit hazy but some things that have stuck in my mind…

Zocca Superiore - beautiful meadows and easy access. Running in the wind was very good (both stand and sit 6c/7b).

Around Bagni - many problems in the woods were a bit grubby and didn’t do much here, although some fun easier stuff. Ersaf was enjoyable - lots of boulders on the edge of the picnic site and pleasant walk in. Might get busy on weekends.

Visido, Tetta di Filorera - L’arco del tetto (6c+) - rising traverse along a crisp edge. Cracking. Lovely pool with a natural slide nearby for a post-climbing dip.

Val di Mello, Cascina Piana - Spigolo della carrozza di rame (7a) - up the valley, nice arete line.

Had a 3 year old in tow at the time, so was a bit limited to easier access sectors. It’s a great place though, one of the best trips I’ve been on, and with plenty of non-climbing things to do  - enjoy!

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
Cheers guys - have added those problems and the pizzoccheri to the tick list!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal