UKBouldering.com

Another Keen flash (Read 18453 times)

a dense loner

• forum hero
#50 Re: Another Keen flash
January 04, 2008, 09:10:38 pm
no greg it got called lager by someone else, not dave. the fact that this got wrote up in the guide is immaterial if it's the wrong name. if, god forbid, i'm mistaken and dave originally called it that and now wants to change it then i'm going to call it groove lager ramp :-\

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#51 Re: Another Keen flash
January 04, 2008, 09:19:21 pm
What about.......
"Davey B's Uber Mega 7c Fekkin Ramp"?
Catchy eh?

Call it what you want, it's still a cool line.

Greg C

• forum hero
#52 Re: Another Keen flash
January 07, 2008, 01:56:46 pm
no greg it got called lager by someone else, not dave. the fact that this got wrote up in the guide is immaterial if it's the wrong name. if, god forbid, i'm mistaken and dave originally called it that and now wants to change it then i'm going to call it groove lager ramp :-\

Yeah ok I guess I'm not taking the fact he didn't name it into account. Even so, as JB points out, it's a ramp not a groove.

You can be the only one then, I'll probably stick to calling it The Ramp

To which I would respond: "Oh, you mean Lager Lager Lager". The point is whenever I've heard anyone refer to this problem they call it Lager Lager Lager (not The Ramp, The Groove or any variations on this) which I suspect will stick, at least for a while.

dave

#53 Re: Another Keen flash
January 07, 2008, 02:03:35 pm
"The problem formerly known as Lager Lager Larer".

But is Lager.... is a toss name. Especially as some people seem to then misread it and call it "Larger Larger Larger". Dave's Groove ain't a shit name it just doesn't make any sense. might as well call it Slab & Crack, or Valkyrie.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#54 Re: Another Keen flash
January 07, 2008, 02:15:47 pm
Maybe we should call it Dave's Problem.  Covers all bases.
Although I'll probably think of it as "Jim's Siege Perilous" from this day forward.

Stubbs

#55 Re: Another Keen flash
January 07, 2008, 02:51:07 pm
Yeah ok I guess I'm not taking the fact he didn't name it into account. Even so, as JB points out, it's a ramp not a groove.

Haven't you got some reporting to do on things going down on your patch, rather than arguing about a problem name?  ;)

Mr Buys' 8a.nu

Edit: and back nearly on topic it says on UKC that James onsighted Deathwatch by headtorch - effort!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 03:04:10 pm by Stubbs, Reason: »

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
#56 Re: Another Keen flash
January 08, 2008, 04:17:20 am

You can be the only one then, I'll probably stick to calling it The Ramp

To which I would respond: "Oh, you mean Lager Lager Lager". The point is whenever I've heard anyone refer to this problem they call it Lager Lager Lager (not The Ramp, The Groove or any variations on this) which I suspect will stick, at least for a while.

Well Ive always called it the ramp - and I live on the other side of the planet. If its got all the way over here then it must be pretty common  :shrug:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#57 Re: Another Keen flash
January 08, 2008, 10:06:10 pm
what? you only moved over from yorkshire about two years ago

Control freak

• forum abuser
    • nick fletcher photography
#58 Re: Another Keen flash
January 09, 2008, 04:51:13 am
Shush...  :)

Anyway - Im back for a month in a few weeks  :dance1:

Duz

#59 Re: Another Keen flash
January 09, 2008, 10:42:24 pm
"The problem formerly known as Lager Lager Larer".

But is Lager.... is a toss name.

You're just bitter.

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#60 Re: Another Keen flash
January 12, 2008, 11:34:06 am
Lager Lager is a good name. Bog off.

1000.dave

• regular
#61 Re: Another Keen flash
January 12, 2008, 06:25:40 pm
In regards to the name of the ramp at earl crag, I understand that in the new guide it's going in as 'dave's groove' which is what I roughly what I called it originally. A few months after the first ascent a new name was suggested when Mick Jonstone kindly took some pictures of me and wrote an article for On the Edge. So the first time the name went into the public eye it was called Lager Lager Lager. Ben Moon had just done Underworld and the two names fitted nicely. It was as I recall the same evening I did Underpants.

I don't believe its been officially renamed. I'm sure that people will still call it Lager Lager Lager, the Groove, Dave's Groove, and I'm sure someone will think of a few derogatory ones as well. I am glad though that Steve took the trouble to ask me which name I would prefer in the new guide as there is now a record of the original name. In any event I can't think of a name that is as good as the climb!

David Buchanan

cofe

• forum hero
#62 Re: Another Keen flash
January 12, 2008, 07:17:07 pm
In any event I can't think of a name that is as good as the climb!

i think you're probably bang on there dave

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#63 Re: Another Keen flash
January 13, 2008, 08:08:36 pm
Any name w/Dave, Keef, Mick, Pat, or Gav is instant class.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal