UKBouldering.com

Health and safety dilemma nightmare (Read 2104 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Health and safety dilemma nightmare
March 16, 2007, 12:42:20 am
Literally gobsmacked that this is the main concern of this penis of a man:

In reference to the Moleskine series of notebooks

From moreskinerie.com

"I'm a recent moleskine convert. Before that I tried to do everything on my laptop, but then I started feeling the onset of RSI every now and then and now I try to limit my use of the laptop keyboard. I was wondering if there was any information about whether writing with a pen was more/less/equally conducive to RSI as typing on a computer. My guess is that it is safer, but I've heard that you can get RSI writing by hand too.  I'd like to know more. Anecdotes are certainly welcome, but it would be cool if there were any studies or at least expert opinions on the issue, because as a Moleskine user who sometimes writes over 12+  pages a day with a pen, I would like to know what the health risks are."

...and if I am possibly the most tragic person in the universe.

God forbid that anyone 'sexes up' their answer into an anecdote in response to your worry. "All jokes aside guys, is my hand going to fall off from writing some words, or from masturbating over the new HSE poster in front of my (fully HSE vetted) work station (desk)?"

Very much typifies the modern day state of Health and Safety obsessed goons I thought.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#1 Re: Health and safety dilemma nightmare
March 16, 2007, 06:38:48 am
my hand fell off through masterbation years ago. This plastic one I've got instead is really rather good.

I wonder If I could try and retro-sue school for making me write all that shite down as a yoot?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: Health and safety dilemma nightmare
March 16, 2007, 07:19:31 am
I would respond with the acronym GALA; Get A Life, Asshole.

BenF

• forum hero
#3 Re: Health and safety dilemma nightmare
March 16, 2007, 08:08:43 am
I have to say Monolith, I am much disheartened by your rather dismissive attitude towards this poor fellow's problems.  I would have expected a caring, sharing renaissance man such as yourself to show more sympathy and concern to him and his ills without focusing upon the negative and attempting to serve your own personal agenda by highlighting what to you appears stupid and incoherent.  Just because you got sacked from the HSE for lighting your farts in the executive canteen during three lunchbreaks on the trot, it doesn't mean that other people can't have valid and significant worries about the state of their tendons.  And anyway, your tendons are fucked from training.     

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#4 Re: Health and safety dilemma nightmare
March 16, 2007, 08:32:05 am
I wonder If I could try and retro-sue school for making me write all that shite down as a yoot?

Jim.  If I was you I'd simply cruise up and down outside your old school in your Audi.  As long as you don't get lifted for a grooming offence, you'll have all your old teachers green with envy.  They'll say, dumfounded with awe: "Hey isn't that the kid who hated writing?" And another will say "Yeah I think it is.  I'm pretty sure he used to go canoeing every day I remember correctly."  The first one will then shake his head and say: "What a guy/car."

No lawyers required.  Maximum satisfaction.  Money can't buy you that...

Monolith

• forum hero
#5 Re: Health and safety dilemma nightmare
March 16, 2007, 09:26:52 am
Pushed me over the edge he did Ben.  :lol:
The less said about the canteen incidents the better.

On a serious note, Moleskine books make excellent logbooks if anyone uses them? If you do end up looking for one, buy it off ebay as in the shops they sell for 12 quid a pop.

Monolith

• forum hero
#6 Re: Health and safety dilemma nightmare
March 16, 2007, 11:18:35 am
Speaking of health and safety, one of my friends is currently taped to a university building all day today.

See him live at http://pcwww.liv.ac.uk/rockdef/web1.htm

Duma

• forum hero
#7 Re: Health and safety dilemma nightmare
April 03, 2007, 08:08:12 pm
notwithstanding foolish fools, moleskines are ace

account_inactive

• forum hero
#8 Re: Health and safety dilemma nightmare
April 04, 2007, 09:06:21 am
Ironically I bought one of these yesterday

No adverse effects so far, but will report back if it affects my climbing................

Monolith

• forum hero
#9 Re: Health and safety dilemma nightmare
April 04, 2007, 10:26:44 am
Good decision Dylan. I'm the saddest bastard when it comes to notebooks/sketchbooks/logbooks etc. I frequently bore the living shit out of my girlfriend talking about Moleskine products.

Have a look at Moleskine 'hacks' for total nerd points. Ways of modifying your 'Skine to suit the way you use it.
(Honestly, who would be so sad  :-[)

Some of those hacks are quite good ideas, and they do make great logbooks if you like to document your climbing year.

End of Nerd-out. And have a hack.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal