UKBouldering.com

Chalk, Litter n' Shit.... (Read 20128 times)

Jacqusie

• stalker
#50 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 10:33:28 pm
Got a BMC Peak Meeting on Thursday - I think I may just vent my spleen and ask for DNA testing kits to track down the so said bastards and make them do a litter pick of the peak - I'm fucking sick of tidying up after people many of which have to be climbers ... grrrrr

...need to calm down - had a nice evenings bouldering after all!!  :-[

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#51 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 10:37:36 pm
Because they are lazy, inconsiderate ba***rds?

I've got an image in my head of loads of little Shakespeares cruising the Peak's crags chucking litter about and just generally being arseholes.  Thinking they're special because someone has put three stars in their job description.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#52 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 10:46:12 pm
Fool:  that is very clever.  You saw my incredibly intellectual jape.  Well done.  GO OutSidE and tell the first person you see  :lol:

It's a sad state but I take a special "other-people's-litter" bag when I go out.  There's a lot of lackadaisical Shakespeares out there.

cofe

• forum hero
#53 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 11:04:59 pm
** bards top? is that like william's problem but from a move in?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#54 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 11:30:06 pm
We'll have none of that nonsense in this establishment. Any more problems from you, and you're bard.

mole

• regular
#55 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 19, 2007, 10:10:26 am
Got a BMC Peak Meeting on Thursday - I think I may just vent my spleen and ask for DNA testing kits to track down the so said bastards and make them do a litter pick of the peak - I'm fucking sick of tidying up after people many of which have to be climbers ... grrrrr

...need to calm down - had a nice evenings bouldering after all!!  :-[

The twats that were up at Owler Tor earlier in the week need a serious slap, fuckin chalk everywhere. Fair enough if they want to climb on grit in the sunshine but for fucksake have they not heard of a brush? The path up there wasnt much better either..... rubbish all over the place and some family thought it would be a good idea to scrawl the names of every family member on a boulder. Cunts  :furious:

Good evening otherwise, thank fuck for light nights  :thumbsup:

Jacqusie

• stalker
#56 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 19, 2007, 06:07:56 pm
Why thank you. I'll take credit for the right-hand line, I believe. Have to go and try to do John Welford's line up the middle and see how wildly undergraded it is. Doesn't look Font 7a to me. Anyone been and done any of the problems?
[/quote]

Whats t' crack up there - whats been done and whats not & whats the grade - if you don't mind kind sir -

Cheers

Si

mark

• forum abuser
#57 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 19, 2007, 07:11:03 pm
Whats t' crack up there - whats been done and whats not & whats the grade - if you don't mind kind sir -

Cheers

Si

Left to right the lines are...

Blue: Unknown name, FA John Welford, Font 7a but he says it's scrittly and not great.
Green: Unknown name, FA Jon Barton, Font 7a
Yellow, Unknown name, FA John Welford, Font 7a (looks harder to me)
Red: Here Be Dragons, FA me, Font 6c

And here's Jon on HBD to illustrate the steepness. Excellent problem. Anyone repeated any of these?

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#58 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 19, 2007, 08:11:15 pm
I have a dog. When it has a poo in a public place (in the park, or the street, or anywhere where somebody wearing their new shoes might step in it) I pick said jobby up in one of those little plastic bags and take it to the nearest bin where I dispose of it. When the dog is at the crag it normally buggers off somewhere secluded and quiet for a shit, and provided its well out of the way I'll cover it up with some leaves and let nature do its work.

Here's my beef. If your dog has a poo and you don't want to carry a bag of shit around until you can find somewhere to dispose of it, don't put it in a plastic bag. I can't believe idiots who hermetically seal their dogs turds in plastic and then just throw it over a wall or in a bush somewhere. Instead of the poo rotting away in a couple of days, its sealed in a bag for the eternity it will take the plastic bag to rot! I hate people who do this - it smacks of the most crass stupidity I have ever witnessed.  :wank:

...and anyway, a nice fresh dog egg bagged up and popped in your pocket is a great way of warming your fingers up on the way to the crag in winter...... :whistle:

Jacqusie

• stalker
#59 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 19, 2007, 11:29:01 pm
Cheers Mark - that central line looks nails & I agree - maybe an undergraded Welford offering!

Couldn't HBD go more direct you reckon tho?!

If you need you tips warming before hand you can always use Percy's patent dog poo warmer!

:goodidea:

Si

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#60 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 20, 2007, 07:51:27 am
...and anyway, a nice fresh dog egg bagged up and popped in your pocket is a great way of warming your fingers up on the way to the crag in winter...... :whistle:

xcuse me while I quietly vom in the corner.

mark

• forum abuser
#61 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 20, 2007, 09:05:03 am
Couldn't HBD go more direct you reckon tho?!

If you need you tips warming before hand you can always use Percy's patent dog poo warmer!

:goodidea:

Si

Seldom say never but the direct lacks anything like holds I could use.

Remind me never to shake hands with Percy.

mole

• regular
#62 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 20, 2007, 10:06:13 am
...and anyway, a nice fresh dog egg bagged up and popped in your pocket is a great way of warming your fingers up on the way to the crag in winter.....

I thought my hand smelt funny after he gave me my change at the works the other day  :whistle:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal