UKBouldering.com

Chalk, Litter n' Shit.... (Read 20183 times)

AndiT

• forum abuser
#25 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 11, 2007, 10:59:09 am
We had a litter pick maybe two years ago at the Roaches, rounded off with Beer, a Quiz and Butties, it worked really well. We actually struggled to find much litter and had to really delve deep, the one we'd had a couple of years previous was much more fruitful. It was good to know that the place was staying clean. I think it's a bit like when you've done your washing up, you tend to keep the kitchen tidy for a while afterwards, I think this was the case the with Staffs. It would really stand out if you dropped some litter, so folk think twice (thankfully). I think it's a shame only 4 turned up for you.

As for camping at Gib, it does happen. Were they climbers or just kids on Easter break? People have been living in the woods for donkeys years.

Andi

Eddies

• forum hero
#26 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 11, 2007, 12:09:59 pm
Yeh, there has been a carrier bag full of dog shit hung in a tree on the upper tier for a while now, nowone dares go near the thing tho! would have been better to leave the turd to the elements that bag it and leave it for all to see!

Im gonna sneak it into a tradders rucksac when there not looking next time I get the chance  :lol:

AndiT

• forum abuser
#27 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 11, 2007, 12:23:38 pm
Yeah, I reckon I see more shits in bags than shits these days. Really annoying. That green bag needs to go.... As long as it's not this tradders bag!

andy_e

• forum hero
#28 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 11, 2007, 12:46:31 pm
Did you get a go on Stall? It feels desperate for the grade to me.

No, that's why I was so annoyed.

Were they climbers or just kids on Easter break?

Both, by the looks of things. I saw a mat, anyway.

monkey boy

• forum hero
#29 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 11, 2007, 05:51:51 pm
I went to Turningstone today there was rubbish all at the top above the crag where someone had had a fire. Not sure if its climbers or not but it looked a state. Plus there were massive tick marks on ROL that should of been brushed off, i use  tick marks like everyone but at least brush them off when your finished.
Apart from that Turningstone is a gem of a place with awesome views and good problems!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#30 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 11, 2007, 06:44:16 pm
gotta agree with andi there. went for a walk around dovestones last night and people had scooped the dog shit up, put it in a plastic bag and thrown it over the fence. there must have been 30 bags in 300 metres. do you know how much i had any intention of moving? absolutely none. oh and there was one wayward nappy, and a woman who ran round the reservoir 3 times

dave

#31 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 11, 2007, 07:08:22 pm
I went to Turningstone today there was rubbish all at the top above the crag where someone had had a fire. Not sure if its climbers or not but it looked a state.

its a popular spot with local kids/yobbos. hence the rope swings, empty bottles of white lightening etc.

webbo

• forum hero
#32 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 11, 2007, 09:03:50 pm
. oh and there was one wayward nappy, and a woman who ran round the reservoir 3 times
was it hers.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#33 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 11, 2007, 10:14:02 pm
maybe, but it must have been that time of the month :spank:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#34 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 12, 2007, 08:27:24 am
I went to Turningstone today there was rubbish all at the top above the crag where someone had had a fire. Not sure if its climbers or not but it looked a state.

its a popular spot with local kids/yobbos. hence the rope swings, empty bottles of white lightening etc.
Like Dave says. That clearing on top of the edge has been a camping spot for local youths at least since I was as school and has always been a bit of tip as a consequence. My bro used to go there with his sixth form mates, take acid and crawl around the Rhodie tunnels. I'm pretty confident it's not climbers

webbo

• forum hero
#35 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 12, 2007, 08:34:38 am
maybe, but it must have been that time of the month :spank:

so thats why you weren't in the mood to clean up the bags of shit.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#36 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 12, 2007, 09:21:55 am

My bro used to go there with his sixth form mates, take acid and crawl around the Rhodie tunnels. I'm pretty confident it's not climbers

Jeez - was your bro in 'nam Bonjoy? The Rhodie tunnels with a head full of acid getting busy on your mental processes for added value is not something that I would want to contemplate.   

bluebrad

tc

• junky
#37 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 12, 2007, 01:28:14 pm
Many years ago (...lights pipe, fetches slippers, tartan rug and Andrew's Liver Salts...) I arrived at the Hallowed Ground of Minus Ten Wall at Stoney Middleton. The mess was incredible: finger tape, chalk block wrappers, fag ends, empty drinks cans, chocolate wrappers and -- the piece de resistance --a medium sized human turd gaily decorated with a strip of colourful toilet paper. Unfortunately for the miscreant, there was also the plastic wrapper and address label that used to come with your subscription copy of a well-known climbing comic. "Revenge will be mine!" I thought, as I carefully scooped all the offending detritus into a plastic bag ( I used to carry a litter bag with me when I went to Stoney in those days) before posting it back to the originator with a pithy little note that read "Don't shit in my back yard!".
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 01:46:44 pm by tc »

Jacqusie

• stalker
#38 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 12, 2007, 02:38:07 pm
Ha ha ha! -   a :beer1:  goes to you!!

Si

clm

• forum hero
#39 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 12, 2007, 08:15:30 pm
dense did a poo in font and let the breeze wipe his bum.. eeeeurgh!!!

Eddies

• forum hero
#40 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 12, 2007, 11:25:07 pm
I found a human turd under a rock positioned at the end of the Greener traverse by the wall a couple of weeks ago!
Would have been better for all if the culprit had dropped the kids off on the other side of the wall... I dosent take much thought!

Thats the whole problem, people who drop litter and make a mess just dont give a damn, theres not alot anyone can do apart from confronting them when caught in the act!

mark

• forum abuser
#41 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 13, 2007, 10:54:11 am
Seems like the main point of this thread has been missed...

PS the lines at the Sheep pen (Higgar) look awesome - effort!

Why thank you. I'll take credit for the right-hand line, I believe. Have to go and try to do John Welford's line up the middle and see how wildly undergraded it is. Doesn't look Font 7a to me. Anyone been and done any of the problems?

dave

#42 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 13, 2007, 12:10:48 pm
just been in albarracin which unfortunatley seems to be plaged by bits of white shitty bogroll in the same way that font is. unbelievable. I lay the blame squarely at the door of johnny-euro-foreigner. Its not like this in the peak, nor in squamish from what i can recall. I figure since most toilets in france are no more than holes in the ground they figure its just ok to squat down and shit on the floor anywhere they fancy at the crag. you woulnd't let your dog do that over here for fucks sake. i don't see why theres any reason to shit at the crag except for the odd upset stomach/medical emergency. and even then go as far from any paths or problems as possible, not just under the nearest 7b roof. people like that will end up getting places like albarracin banned completely.

Jacqusie

• stalker
#43 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 16, 2007, 11:36:35 pm
Seems like the main point of this thread has been missed...

PS the lines at the Sheep pen (Higgar) look awesome - effort!

Why thank you. I'll take credit for the right-hand line, I believe. Have to go and try to do John Welford's line up the middle and see how wildly undergraded it is. Doesn't look Font 7a to me. Anyone been and done any of the problems?

Any piccys - looks blank and a full on top out!

si

account_inactive

• forum hero
#44 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 12:55:12 pm
just been in albarracin which unfortunatley seems to be plaged by bits of white shitty bogroll in the same way that font is. unbelievable. I lay the blame squarely at the door of johnny-euro-foreigner. Its not like this in the peak, nor in squamish from what i can recall. I figure since most toilets in france are no more than holes in the ground they figure its just ok to squat down and shit on the floor anywhere they fancy at the crag. you woulnd't let your dog do that over here for fucks sake. i don't see why theres any reason to shit at the crag except for the odd upset stomach/medical emergency. and even then go as far from any paths or problems as possible, not just under the nearest 7b roof. people like that will end up getting places like albarracin banned completely.

The amount of shit there is unbelievable.  Hope that the trip went well though

dave

#45 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 01:02:49 pm
cheers, it was great apart from the 3" of snow on the first day.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#46 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 01:23:11 pm
Did you and cofe find a hotel to stay in?

dave

#47 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 01:31:10 pm
hotels, yes. but only after most of the town bailed cos of the snow. i've never seen a campsite empty so fast.

Jacqusie

• stalker
#48 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 10:18:45 pm
Went to Rumble Butress today at Burbage and was looking forward to trying some stuff out there - untill I arrived and man was there a sight for a small craglet that not many people go to...

Shit loads of litter around - and huge chalk ball marks on the holds on the slab to the right - like it had been set out dot to dot. On a boulder someone had used a chalk ball to make a pretty picture and I felt so pissed off I took the litter and went up to Carl Walk.... That most popular place for townies and bumblies...

No litter - no chalk  - just plenty of nice lines.... so what gives?

Burbage South boulders were full of empty bags - bottles and shed loads of finger tape as usual - why can't people just take home the shit they produce?!

Annoyed Si

:wall:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#49 Re: Chalk, Litter n' Shit....
April 17, 2007, 10:27:35 pm
why can't people just take home the shit they produce?!

Because they are lazy, inconsiderate ba***rds?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal