UKBouldering.com

Fun with one hand - an apology. (Read 2087 times)

BenF

• forum hero
Fun with one hand - an apology.
April 20, 2007, 08:26:33 am
With the whole of UKB as my witness I am now solemnly apologising to Andy Farnell for repeatedly (and admittedly rather lightheartedly) dissing his one handed eliminate version of Hart's Arete at Pex Hill over the past few years.  Ever since Andy first climbed the arete using just his right hand (oh yeah and his feet) I've berated him for doing so, which I guess was always a bit rich if you consider the stupidly contrived nature of my problems in the quarry.

Anyway, you've probably worked out what's coming next...  yes, I was persuaded by Andy to do this daft eliminate last night and lo and behold, I discovered that it's actually really, really good.  Lovely moves and a combination of timing and balance mean that it will be going in the guide (on the eliminate topo obviously).  No doubt Andy will be along in a bit to tell everyone what a meal I made of landing the top move to the biggest just in the world.  Twenty fuckin' times I must have failed to hold onto that jug that's big enough to bivi in.  What a muppet.

So there you go Andy, as promised, there's my apology.  And here's another apology to everyone else who is probably sick of yet more threads about Pex Hill.   :spank:

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#1 Re: Fun with one hand - an apology.
April 20, 2007, 09:06:59 am
Apology well and truely accepted  :thumbsup:, but you should have held that jug at least 19 times before you did  ;)

BenF

• forum hero
#2 Re: Fun with one hand - an apology.
April 20, 2007, 09:11:10 am
Yes indeed Andy.  Last night was a sorry demonstration of my inablity to climb anything that's dynamic.  Although changing into a pair of shoes that had a half decent edge had a significant impact didn't it?  What was it, second go with the new shoes?  Eight million failures with the old shoes?

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#3 Re: Fun with one hand - an apology.
April 20, 2007, 09:22:25 am
Something like that... workman and tools Ben, workman and tools...  ;D

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#4 Re: Fun with one hand - an apology.
April 20, 2007, 11:21:24 am
Finally, an explanation for why Andy's right arm's bigger than his left.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#5 Re: Fun with one hand - an apology.
April 20, 2007, 12:10:33 pm
Actually there's another explanation for that...

BenF

• forum hero
#6 Re: Fun with one hand - an apology.
April 20, 2007, 12:17:07 pm
Oh of course... all that belaying.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal