UKBouldering.com

CWIM and PARTY DETAILS! (Read 2591 times)

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
CWIM and PARTY DETAILS!
March 20, 2007, 12:17:32 pm
The Climbing Works will be hosting its first International Masters bouldering competition this Saturday 24th March. Details are available on our website - www.climbingworks.com

Signed up so far include young Tyler Landman, over from the 'States to have himself a bit of the action, aswell as the usual beasts - Earl, Barrans, Seguy, Bacher, Terrace Ghost (!) etc, etc. No Jerome Meyer unfortunately - he was psyched for a gin drinking rematch but just tore his ACL in a skiing accident last week, poor fella.... It looks like being a good do - if you want to sign up, check out the website and get on with it - its filling up fast.

The Climbing Works is also hosting a number of other special events throughout the day, including:

Free access to the Works for the spectators throughout the day.

Scarpa Marquee with demonstrations of the latest rock shoes from Scarpa athletes, including John Dunne, Andy Earl, Sam Whittaker and Percy Bishton. A selection of the new shoes will be avaliable for the public to try out

Bargain clothing offers from Five Finger Thing and Blurr

Free advice and workshops on injury prevention, warming up, Reiki and massage from The Clinic

Live DJ's throughout the day

Quality food provided by Bragazi's of Sheffield

Joint SHAFF and CWIM party after the competition finals at The Workstation in Sheffield city centre featuring DJ Eurosafe, Allied Manoveurs, Craig Smith and the legendary DJ Gallop

FREE TICKETS FOR THE PARTY ARE ONLY AVALIABLE FROM THE CLIMBING WORKS ON THE DAY!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1 Re: CWIM and PARTY DETAILS!
March 21, 2007, 02:28:22 pm
 :'( :'( :'(

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2 Re: CWIM and PARTY DETAILS!
March 22, 2007, 11:33:46 am
Get your arse up here, you got two days to book the flight  :P

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#3 Re: CWIM and PARTY DETAILS!
March 25, 2007, 02:14:02 pm
 :beer1: :beer2: :pissed:

It was a good do - I've been waiting to use all those drink related smiley bastards for a bit and now I have an excuse. I particularly messy party last night, although not quite as epic as the Works opening bash in December. I notice that we don't have a chundering smiley for my bird though.... :lol:

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#4 Re: CWIM and PARTY DETAILS!
March 25, 2007, 02:16:44 pm
Oh yeah, top 3 results are on the Climbingworks.com blog. Full results and pics to follow. It was a cracking final - Ty was a monster, and then got pumped which led to Ry and Barrans sneaking past him to take the BIG cheques home. Awesome to watch though - can't wait to see what the video footage is like!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#5 Re: CWIM and PARTY DETAILS!
March 25, 2007, 10:47:10 pm
Didn't get to see much of the final, unfortunately missed any attempts on Blocs 1 and 2 both of which looked cool. Ty was awesome on the crack, Ryan's trad skills shone through well on that and the hideous random volume nonsense at the end, and the Earl's tantrums were good.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#6 Re: CWIM and PARTY DETAILS!
April 06, 2007, 01:14:13 pm
pics pleeze.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal