UKBouldering.com

The Pex Hill Quarry wiki (Read 7409 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
April 03, 2007, 12:53:32 am
Not quite sure where to put this but:
Its finally here! The Pex Hill Quarry wiki is all ready for you to input route data into. If your going to join and add info to the wiki then dont just copy it out of Rockfax. Decide on your own grade and description. If you disagree with the grade then add a comment to the page or email the person who wrote the route description. Upload your pictures to the gallery page and include a climbers name and a route name.

For everything to the right and including Bermuda Triangle then use trad grades please as in keeping with the upcoming printed guide.

Go to:
http://pexhillquarry.wetpaint.com/

:bounce:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#1 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
April 03, 2007, 12:52:01 pm
Routes from "Too Bold For Steve Boot" to "Breakaway" just added. Have a look and if you disagree with anything then sign up and leave a comment or make a change with an edit note. If anyone could confirm/contest the new grade for Breakaway then it would be appreciated.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#2 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
April 03, 2007, 01:23:12 pm
I think the general vibe from many surrounding Breakaway is that they don't care for it anymore. Pre-chip, it was an aspirational line that people I know were working towards. Continuing to regrade it would serve to show that as climbers we're not too bothered if someone comes along and chips a route/problem, we'll just give it a new grade.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#3 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
April 03, 2007, 01:50:40 pm
I wouldnt want to strike it from the record. Wasnt it chipped by the guy who first did it (I forget which wad it was. Might have been Phil). Maybe you could do some input into the site, it wont be any good if people dont get involved.

Monolith

• forum hero
#4 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
April 03, 2007, 02:09:12 pm
In the grand scheme of Pex knowledge, I'm definitely not at the top. Maybe best to speak to Andy P, Pete or Ewan for accurate  info. Or BenF or Owen (if you can track the elusive lurker!).

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#5 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
April 03, 2007, 02:50:42 pm
Will be climbing with Andy tonight, not sure about Ewan. Not a huge amount of knowledge is needed. All you need to have done is a route and have an idea about what grade you would give it. Pics going in the photo gallery would be good too.

Monolith

• forum hero
#6 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
April 03, 2007, 02:57:35 pm
Not a huge amount of knowledge is needed.

No, but accurate information should be sought at all costs otherwise it'll be to the detriment of what could be a very useful resource for Merseyside climbers.

It's very satisfying watching all these free new online wiki and blog technologies develop.

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
#7 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
December 10, 2015, 04:10:47 pm
Was this taken down? Looking for some more topos for Xmas time. I have Rockfax Western Grit

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#8 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
December 10, 2015, 04:12:44 pm
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pexhillquarry.wetpaint.com/

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#9 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
December 10, 2015, 04:25:15 pm
Or even better, go here:  http://pexhillquarry.wikifoundry.com/

All the wetpaint sites migrated to wikifoundry a while ago.  I have to say I had a panic that I'd lost the Brownstones Wiki for a while.   :o :o

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#10 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
December 10, 2015, 04:39:46 pm
God I was keen. Did nobody think to take me aside and say, "Look, kid. You're mental. Just stop it"?

That map with the individually labelled kissing gates! Just say drive to Pex, park, walk to Pex.

Does anybody else occassionally look at something they posted on UKB in the past and think, "Jesus, I was a knob"? For me it's anything pre-May 2015 I think.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#11 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
December 11, 2015, 09:10:15 am
Yup. For me it's pre December 2015.

ashtond6

• obsessive maniac
#12 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
December 11, 2015, 10:01:00 am
Looks good to me Will, nice one!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#13 Re: The Pex Hill Quarry wiki
December 11, 2015, 10:46:54 am
I wouldn't bother using the wiki to be honest. It doesn't really serve much purpose. If you have Western Grit that will point out all the straight ups, and if you get the BMC guide then it will point out the more popular traverses and also the eliminate bouldering (some of which, particularly the stuff on Pisa Wall, is very good).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal