UKBouldering.com

Peak bolt find/BMC better bolts campaign (Read 1800 times)

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Peak bolt find/BMC better bolts campaign
March 31, 2007, 09:31:46 am
Just seen a thread on ukc that mentioned that there was some sort of May deadline on applying for bolts from the 1000s that the BMC has bought. Should we be compiling a list of routes/bolts that need replacing? Are you already doing this Bonjoy or shall we start here? -

- top four (?) bolts on Mecca Extension (old 8mms)
- Virtually every route left of Roof Warrior at the Cornice
- Powerplant
- Hubble
- Culloden
- Zeke the Freak
- some more

Paul B

• forum hero
I think Jon may be up in North Yorkshire this week but I could be wrong....
I got a pm from him a while ago asking me to estimate the amount of bolts and lower-offs needed for both the cornices as he didn't have access to a guide so I reckon the application has already been started.
I believe Jon also went to a meeting over in Manchester to discuss the BMC campaign prior to it becoming public.

After discussing the fund with Jon recently I think what is now needed is volunteers willing to undertake the bolting with funds already gathered (so far this won't cover all the routes in need).

Can I also take this chane to thank everyone who has donated to the PBF, either through the website or via the collection boxes, Neil Foster for his generous donation of equipment and Bubba for hosting the PBF website.
:great:

www.peakboltfund.co.uk
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:48:11 am by Paul B, Reason: bad wording »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal