UKBouldering.com

UKB forever? (Read 1237 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
UKB forever?
April 01, 2007, 12:07:38 am
Here's a thought.

How long will UKB last? I've wondered if folks start forums etc off and after a wee while they die off, and what this must be like to be a keen user on such forum. Must be pretty crap. Please note I am not proposing UKB will die soon, it was a pure random thought.

Anyhow I reckon our good old forum ain't going anywhere.

LONG LIVE UKB!!!!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: UKB forever?
April 01, 2007, 09:29:52 am
Well it's been going for about 5 years so far.

I have considered selling it simply because i don't really go bouldering any more. That said, i to tend to dip in and out of climbing and if i ever kick my nagging depression then i may start up again, so am going to hang on to it for the time being.

If it does ever get to the stage where I move on, then administration will be passed over to somebody else - it won't ever just die due to lack of care.

Similar questions have been raised over at ukcaving.com - i.e. if i was killed in a car crash or something, what would happen to the community? What I should really do is place all the access/hosting details with a trusted friend so that that eventualily is covered.

AndiT

• forum abuser
#2 Re: UKB forever?
April 01, 2007, 10:35:41 am
What a mong I am, I never clicked that you were the same bubba from UkCaving, I just presumed that bubba was some sort of forum administrator name. Well you learn something new everyday.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3 Re: UKB forever?
April 01, 2007, 11:07:53 am
I just presumed that bubba was some sort of forum administrator name.

:lol: :bow: ::)

I rather like UKB - entertaining AND useful. I'm glad you're doing a good job of running it Bubba, and that you've got contingency plans for it.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#4 Re: UKB forever?
April 01, 2007, 12:37:45 pm
hey bubba matey,

i'm really getting most accomplished at falling off utterly everything i try at the moment, feel free to come along and generally piss about!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal