UKBouldering.com

Woodwell Conditions (Read 143862 times)

BenF

• forum hero
#75 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 20, 2007, 08:35:58 am
Thanks for the update guys.  I may still chance Woodwell since it's been generally pretty dry for a while and the roofs can stay dry even after a bit of rain.  Plus the RHS may dry out with a breeze and no rain today.   

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#76 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 20, 2007, 08:45:43 am
Roads wet

Funny you say that- it's one of my critetia when deciding whether or not to go out.
Rain throughout Lancashire the rest of the week, allegedly.  I wouldn't make any solid plans Ben.  But you never know.  And if it's wet, the Red Wall often has stuff to play on.

BenF

• forum hero
#77 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 20, 2007, 12:05:09 pm
I wouldn't make any solid plans Ben. 

I rarely make solid plans.  In fact I'll make my decision at half three as I leave school today.  I may even put the decision off until I'm on the M6 and have the choice of grit or limestone

andyheb

• regular
  • get the gurn on
#78 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 20, 2007, 12:48:21 pm
weather update from north lancashire roads dry, strong wind blowing but clouds still grey and hanging to the hills of the trough of bowland.

BenF

• forum hero
#79 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 20, 2007, 12:57:35 pm
Thanks for the recent update, much appreciated.  Don't suppose you fancy nipping out to the crag and checking the state of the buttresses do you?  ::)

andyheb

• regular
  • get the gurn on
#80 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 20, 2007, 01:00:04 pm
affraid not mate lessons to teach this afternoon or is that children to baby sit! one or the other.
So frustrating working in the trough of bowland. so close but you can't get out till 3.45!

Greg C

• forum hero
#81 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 21, 2007, 01:06:43 pm
I want to know why this thread isn't allowed Sticky status? It's just plain North Westist.  :rtfm: (I don't no what this icon means but I'm using it anyway)

PS: Oert is dry.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#82 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 21, 2007, 01:28:47 pm
 :rtfm:  It's an angry youth waving a book of quiz questions at a cyclist that nearly knocked him over and shouting "Riding Too Fast Mate!"
I've never had the need to use it.

Heaving down here for the whole day, but the forecast tomorrow looks better.
PS:  Greg- any beta on the questions in the Thorn Thread?  Cheers

BenF

• forum hero
#83 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 21, 2007, 02:09:48 pm
I want to know why this thread isn't allowed Sticky status? It's just plain North Westist.  :rtfm: (I don't no what this icon means but I'm using it anyway)

I asked the same question several months ago (when I think I started this thread) but it was ignored, ridiculed and down right made a mockery of.  Bloody Peakcentric bias.  They're all just jealous.
(Actually I think my suggestion was just overlooked but what the hell, lets have a tantrum)

PS: Oert is dry.

Nice one, thanks Greg.

andyheb

• regular
  • get the gurn on
#84 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 21, 2007, 02:45:33 pm
at tom's last night. Some holds a little damp but could get stuff done. Although i couldn't get the bloody heel to work on cruifix kiss( not due to damp just due to general crap technique i think).
Has pissed it down for the best part of the day in Lancaster but  the sun is out and the roads are drying!

BenF

• forum hero
#85 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 21, 2007, 03:12:05 pm
Although i couldn't get the bloody heel to work on cruifix kiss

I used to struggle with that heel but have recently realised that you shouldn't think too hard about placing that heel.  Just put it on that tiny black pointy bit in the break and let it hang without tryin any heel/toe or camming shenanigans.  I also put my right heel under the block by the big undercut to kind of hug which helps my feet stay put for the hard moves.  Dunno if all that helps you, but honestly since I stopped trying to concentrate on that heel I've found the move much easier.

andyheb

• regular
  • get the gurn on
#86 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 21, 2007, 04:14:37 pm
Although i couldn't get the bloody heel to work on cruifix kiss

I used to struggle with that heel but have recently realised that you shouldn't think too hard about placing that heel.  Just put it on that tiny black pointy bit in the break and let it hang without tryin any heel/toe or camming shenanigans.  I also put my right heel under the block by the big undercut to kind of hug which helps my feet stay put for the hard moves.  Dunno if all that helps you, but honestly since I stopped trying to concentrate on that heel I've found the move much easier.

cheers for that i'll try it out

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#87 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 21, 2007, 07:39:56 pm
andy, I think that heeltoe suits a certain genetic predisposition. Never once when on that segment of rock have I managed to find it. Just vaguely lash your heel on and go.

Paul B

• forum hero
#88 Re: Woodwell Conditions
September 23, 2007, 06:20:32 pm
Anybody been there today? Some waddage is up for grabs in exchange for a conditions report (+ :shag:)

Paul B

• forum hero
#89 Re: Woodwell Conditions
October 01, 2007, 04:22:13 pm
conditions here on wednesday were pretty good, cold with almost everything dry, some starting jugs on the beauty of being... and art of... were soapy but easily dried off.

andyheb

• regular
  • get the gurn on
#90 Re: Woodwell Conditions
October 01, 2007, 09:06:16 pm
At the answer area and tom's tonight. A little damp in some parts around the answer and question problems but everything was doable. All the starting hand holds on Tom's buttress were dry and just a few footholds slightly damp. Generally good conditions at the moment.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#91 Re: Woodwell Conditions
October 17, 2007, 10:17:57 pm
Is Tom's Roof likely to be OK tomorrow?

andyheb

• regular
  • get the gurn on
#92 Re: Woodwell Conditions
October 18, 2007, 08:43:07 am
it has been dry last two or three day's in lancaster but that's no guarantee. I think it takes a couple of days to dry out properly.A beautiful morning here and hopefully a bit of sun today will dry it out. I was thinking of going myself later on when school finishes and if wet trying trowbarrow.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#93 Re: Woodwell Conditions
October 18, 2007, 02:21:01 pm
10am- Woodwell:  a few damp patches, most stuff OK but pretty slimy/soapy feeling.  May be better now the sun has been out.
Red Wall- Generally OK, but some greasiness.

andyheb

• regular
  • get the gurn on
#94 Re: Woodwell Conditions
October 18, 2007, 02:26:04 pm
cheers for the update. Did you try any of the problems around sanctified/ cruifix kiss? what were the holds at the back like?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#95 Re: Woodwell Conditions
October 18, 2007, 02:34:02 pm
Sanctified- OK
Crucifix Kiss- the crimps were slimy early doors.  May be OK late afternoon.
I didn't do much as it was cold an a tad slimy, so I bailed to the Red Wall and ended up sweating cobs there 'cos it was warm!  :lol:

meatball

• menacing presence
    • Chuck Norris facts
#96 Re: Woodwell Conditions
March 06, 2008, 03:27:39 pm
any locals been and checked it out recently? realise it may be a stupid question...

MB

• regular
#97 Re: Woodwell Conditions
March 11, 2008, 12:33:47 pm
I popped in last Friday. Only went to look at Toms area, and it was still wet.  :'( You could of got on the Slaves and thats about it.

meatball

• menacing presence
    • Chuck Norris facts
#98 Re: Woodwell Conditions
March 11, 2008, 12:39:10 pm
cheers pal!. was it really in shit state?

MB

• regular
#99 Re: Woodwell Conditions
March 11, 2008, 05:02:14 pm
Its the starting holds that are still wet. It is showing signs of drying though, but with the rain thats been put down recently i wouldnt hope for too much.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal