UKBouldering.com

big si (Read 2468 times)

webbo

• forum hero
big si
March 07, 2007, 08:56:00 am
this may old news but i see si o conman has now changed his name over on cocktalk[see bouldering photos}to si mcgonrail or some such thing. :-\

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: big si
March 07, 2007, 09:26:52 am
Rocktalk.

I just saw this 5 minutes ago and decided it was too trivial to post on here....but what the heck let's join in, it's been too long since the last Simon Connor bashing. Or as it is now known, Si M'Congaile  ??? bashing...

From -v18-.lies.blogspot.com/

I guess what i'm saying J, is I'm just hoping since I've had my share of a good day, it will nip over to the Inversnecky & follow you down for the grit session, dry the peat bogs & keep a cool wind on those slopers for gurning. I'd come wi you if you said Cow & Calf aye. Havn't played there in years but a tiptoe up that arete south of the boulder again...

Another stupid hint? The preceding post is fairly poetic though.

Between a chasm of an E8/9, a couple of E7s & four E6's there is still more to complete - all stilled, unfailing & staring straight back.

The lines themselves, despite flowing with moments of intense crux climbing, hellish exposure & a few freakish runouts, that turn your stomach as much as they give you a mild sense of nirvana, hide possible multiple sinister scenarios in the event of a major fall. You don't die of a broken leg these days yet here, it could become a fast & easy reality. Days upon weeks of caliber testing cliff work often pass without a single soul venturing into the vicinity. Man is a tiny silly yet often tenacious creature, a spiders web going up against jagged stone, dancing triumphant above conquered lines that seem a near absurdity when he reflects beyond egos achievement & peers back down into the scale of the abyss. It has a raw beauty, this remote pin dot on the planet rejoicing in intimidation. Yet here they are, these hard lines, & here they remain, red-hot...serious undertakings - all the while, coldly unrepeated adventures, while far away hords clammer for inches of rock, & huddled together, tell tales of bravery on E10s the length of an average house ladder; & leaning back in wine bars, they recite great yarns of how they once got dirt on their down jackets at Stanage

Yadda yadda yadda. So, first repeat of The Promise, Mr Connor??

As always the prose is quite outrageous. If he could climb half as wildly as he could write, who knows it might even be true...

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#2 Re: big si
March 18, 2007, 11:46:59 am
As always the prose is quite outrageous. If he could climb half as wildly as he could write, who knows it might even be true...

Nah, there are enough people who climb wild numbers. There's only one who writes wild words and spins passionate myths about conquests of rock in half real places.

Of all people, few are climbers, and of climbers, few have read his blog. But that it exists, I think is great. If Britain really is a nation of eccentrics, here is a man who does us proud.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#3 Re: big si
March 18, 2007, 08:09:59 pm
 I though we were a nation of shop keepers.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#4 Re: big si
March 18, 2007, 10:52:54 pm
Im not really up on my knowledge of the guy but it Im getting sick and tired of his good but dull photos clogging up the top ten of the week gallery on UKC. It seems whenever he goes on an uploading spree then his shots, which all look the same to a philistine like me, are all we see for a couple of weeks.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#5 Re: big si
March 18, 2007, 11:35:57 pm
I though we were a nation of shop keepers.

I don't believe this contradicts anything I said...

...Bonjoy, are you sure you didn't mean to say bee keepers?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#6 Re: big si
March 19, 2007, 07:31:17 am
sick and tired of his good but dull and badly photoshopped photos clogging up the top ten of the week gallery on UKC.

I don't mind photos being PSed to improve their quality, however being PSed to record style of ascent is a total no no.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal