UKBouldering.com

sydney (Read 11062 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#25 Re: sydney
March 11, 2013, 03:20:36 pm
Very true, but if you’ve travelled half the world already...
TTT- Sissy is also a good bet in that it’s lowball with a flat landing so not a bad bet even if nobody is there with a pad. When I was there it even had scraggy old mattresses under it you could use as pads, though you’d hope things have got a bit more civilised since then.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#26 Re: sydney
March 11, 2013, 09:36:11 pm
Have to say I thought The Balkans (aka Fear Factory) was ten times better than Lindfield. A bit more hassle to get to be but worth the effort IMO.
Pretty sure we used to get the bus to Sissy too. A bit old school and eliminate but the rock is superb, this is no Minus Ten.

The Balkans and the Fear Factory are two different places. The Balkans is broken into two areas - the Frontline and the Trenches. A lot of people refer to the whole place generally as the Frontline which is probably what you're thinking of.
Without a car the place its a massive hassle. Public transport in NW Sydney is a bit of a myth   ;D
No manky mattress at Sissy any more- We've even had a clean up day when the whole thing got washed with a gurney. 2 days later it was covered in chalk again like nothing had ever happened..........
It can be done on the bus and this would be a lot easier without a pad. However, with the humidity at the moment and general difficulty of the problems to a first timer, its not recommended.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#27 Re: sydney
March 12, 2013, 03:32:19 am
You're not wrong about the humidity - arrived on Saturday night, and even a walk round the Opera House / Harbour Area etc on Sunday afternoon left me sweaty and sunburned!

Still not sure what plans are for the coming weeks - think we may end up out in Darwin over a weekend but if I'm staying in Sydney this weekend coming I'm definitely going to pray for some cooler weather and head up to Lindfield for a look around.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:45:32 am by tommytwotone »

tomtom

• forum hero
#28 sydney
March 12, 2013, 07:47:40 am
Darwin will be in the middle of the wet season.. There is a climbing wall there, but it's inside an old oil storage container from ww2, and it gets (funnily enough) hot and humid.. It may be ok at times, but was a h&s nightmare last time I was there..

The deck chair cinema is cool and avoid going to a nightclub called Throb.. (Think Blue Oyster...) ;)

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#29 Re: sydney
March 12, 2013, 07:54:01 am
Having spoken to the guys here my main concern about a visit to Darwin is coming back alive...sounds like the odds of me being attacked by a deadly spider / killed by a crocodile on the way to the office have suddenly been radically chopped!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#30 Re: sydney
March 12, 2013, 09:57:21 am
If betty swollocks is in residence beg borrow or steal a board and hit Bondi (actually Bondi isn't great for waves, but you have to be there). Manly or northern beaches are better.

JackAus

• junky
#31 Re: sydney
March 12, 2013, 10:30:45 am
Give me a shout if you get down Nowra way...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal