UKBouldering.com

Non-Climbing trip to Lleida (Read 2421 times)

Nick B

• addict
Non-Climbing trip to Lleida
March 08, 2013, 01:24:20 pm
Hi all,

Booked a trip to Spain to go sport climbing and a week later tore a ligament in my elbow - nightmare! Does anyone have any recommendations of things to do around Lleida? Keen to go hiking if anyone knows of some nice spots

Thanks

abarro81

• forum hero
#1 Re: Non-Climbing trip to Lleida
March 08, 2013, 01:29:25 pm
I did a really nice walk up to the gorge where Sharma's multipitch project is (you see it briefly at the end of one a recent video, maybe the dura dura one?), unfortuantely I can't remember the name but maybe someone else will. We started a bit west of Ager, and it runs up towards terradets. When you get to where the cliffs are (up towards terradets) there's a cool gorge section with a walkway cut out of the rock. There must be some other good walks in that area around Ager too.

Nick B

• addict
#2 Re: Non-Climbing trip to Lleida
March 08, 2013, 01:38:34 pm
Sounds great Alex cheers. I remember that wall looking amazing in the video. I'll have a look at some maps

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#3 Re: Non-Climbing trip to Lleida
March 08, 2013, 01:50:22 pm
Sadly you've missed Tremp's (nearest town to Terradets) annual quince festival. I'd definately say it was the best quince festival I ever attended.

ali k

• junky
#4 Re: Non-Climbing trip to Lleida
March 08, 2013, 07:44:14 pm
I did a really nice walk up to the gorge where Sharma's multipitch project is (you see it briefly at the end of one a recent video, maybe the dura dura one?), unfortuantely I can't remember the name but maybe someone else will.

Mont Rebei

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#5 Re: Non-Climbing trip to Lleida
March 08, 2013, 10:42:40 pm
Does anyone have any recommendations of things to do around Lleida? Keen to go hiking if anyone knows of some nice spots

Not hiking but lots of pig: http://www.lleidatur.com/Tourism/Visit/killing-of-the-pig/8298.aspx
Like anywhere in Spain (or Catalunya) odd festivals are ten a penny.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal