UKBouldering.com

Travelling with a pad (Read 1328 times)

account_inactive

• forum hero
Travelling with a pad
March 07, 2007, 09:06:39 am
Not sure what category this should go in...........

http://www.synrockholds.com/flywithmondo.html

Useful tip about travelling with a large pad

Stubbs

#1 Re: Travelling with a pad
March 07, 2007, 09:46:04 am
That's quality. I've never had any trouble with my Dropzone being classed as oversize luggage though - the airlines have always been bothered about the weight.

BenF

• forum hero
#2 Re: Travelling with a pad
March 07, 2007, 12:16:32 pm
I'm getting the opposite trouble to Stubbs.  Last couple of times I've flown it's been hard to get my Dropzone on the plane.  They didn't seem bothered about weight at all, just the fact that my pad wasn't a suitcase and therefore was distinctly dodgy.  Even had trouble with a rucksac last time I flew.  Total weight for the hold was barely over ten kilos, but it took me the best part of half an hour to get it on the plane (both on way out and way back).

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Travelling with a pad
March 07, 2007, 05:27:32 pm
A reflection of the schizoid nature of airlines. I had the least trouble on British Airways with my largest pad, while having serious hassles on a short domestic flight with a small pad.

One thing for sure, they don't like straps flopping around.

yoda

• regular
#4 Re: Travelling with a pad
March 07, 2007, 11:20:05 pm
Ive never had any troubles taking pads abroad,last year when myself and some friends went to Cresciano, we put two pads together and made a sleeve out of heavy duty binbag type material,this stopped the straps flapping about plus we only had to pay for one oversized luggage item.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal