UKBouldering.com

Fontainebleau 22/3/07 - 5/04/07 Anyone there? (Read 22897 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
If the subject line is too succint for you, I'm wondering if any of the ukclimbing punters are going to be in font during that time. If so, we (danny cattell and I) will be there from the 22nd for at least 2 days and at most 15 days. Currently we have nowhere to stay and aren't going to book anything because if the weather is shit we're going to sack it to Switzerland. So if you have a gite and want to offer some accomodation to us two punters let me know! Obviously we can chip in and I also saw danny swallow a whole banana without it touching his lips (this information is offered as purely educational).

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 09:27:38 am by Bonjoy, Reason: Date correction »

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
I'll be there about 10 days later yo. Fancy another bicep measuring contest?

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
From what I remember, even with all your fat you still only just beat Sara and Char. Have you been a) eating all the pies, b) doing huge bicep curls, or c) got involved in some gene doping?

More seriously, why are you going 10 days later? It will be even hotter then!

saltbeef

• forum hero
jim when are you going. i might take some time off. i might even get fucking paid by my numbskull pct before then...

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
If I come can I have a go in your time machine?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
i think im going to be there a couple of weeks later, due to easter holidays. but these times making climbing plans almost seems impossible. :(
more, i dont want to miss the works comp!!!

obviously a call in case you go to swiss would be appreciated.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
I will be going from the 2nd April for about 5 days. There are spaces in my car, provisional bookings have been given to somebody's fool and a dense loner.
I have to go then because its my week off that month and I'm off to t'egypt for my week off this month.

Also uncle, If you remember correctly I was joint 1st with Neil and you were in 3rd place.
eat my shorts

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
Joint First? :lol:

If it's not sweltering hot we'll see you in April then. Otherwise we'll be over in switzerland seeking magic numbers.

Nibile; I'll keep you informed of our movements.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Might actually go the week before depending on wether I can take some holidays from work

Mestizo

Hey if anyone is still planning on going to font in the first week of april and has space in their car would be well up for it. Would prob have to be back by friday night!

Cheers

:please:

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
I will be going from the 2nd April for about 5 days. There are spaces in my car, provisional bookings have been given to somebody's fool and a dense loner.
I have to go then because its my week off that month and I'm off to t'egypt for my week off this month.

Also uncle, If you remember correctly I was joint 1st with Neil and you were in 3rd place.
eat my shorts

joint first, I think I won by a mill or two

I will be in font 31st till 14th have gite  ;D

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Well anyway, the important bit is that Uncle came 3rd  ;D
Any room in your Gite Neil?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
Well anyway, the important bit is that Uncle came 3rd  ;D
Any room in your Gite Neil?

yes maybe when you heading out?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
so far there is me and worm heading out on the 1st to the 8th.
we were going to F1 it but if theres space at the gite then that would be great.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
First come first served remember folks.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
I think there should be arm wrestling or biscep measuring to decide who gets any space in the gite  ;D

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
I think there should be arm wrestling or biscep measuring to decide who gets any space in the gite  ;D

well you will come second then, and the unc can sleep outside     :devangel:

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
Right all there is a gite which sleeps 9 a few k's from font, works out at 37 euros each per week, anuone interested?

but we would have to fill it

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
I can commit to 2 maybe 3 people for 1 week from 1st to 8th April Neil. Uncle and Danny have left today (apparently) and have no current plans for accommodation as far as I am aware
also there maybe space in my car for an extra body but it would have to be sans coffin

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
also there maybe space in my car for an extra body but it would have to be sans coffin

maybe in a couple of plastic bags? ;)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
I can commit to 2 maybe 3 people for 1 week from 1st to 8th April Neil. Uncle and Danny have left today (apparently) and have no current plans for accommodation as far as I am aware

yes just spoke to unc, he had a near death experience one the phone trying to nazagate getting of the ferry, those 2 are up for it, so that makes 6 of us, its 370 euros for that week, I already have on booked for the following week over at buthiers

If we could get 2 more people then i will book it

Mestizo

Yeah would be interested!! Is anyone got space for a skinny white boy in their car otherwise would have to fly and get the train then try to get to the gite somehow . . .
Not to bothered about bringing a mat if there is loads of mats already and people dont mind sharing?? Not really got to much of an agenda would be happy to be just be in the forest for a week. Timing might be the deciding factor for me as I have to be home on Friday 6th by 11pm. Dont mind paying for the week then not using sat/sun. Anyways post if this is any use to resolve the solution!

Patrick

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Clm has finally commited so that will be 3 of us Neil.
I will pm you my number.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
trip report please, including:
- exact name, grade and location of all the proble tried/sent, with clear evaluation from zero to five stars;
- exact number of steak & frites eaten;
- pics.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
Sorry Nibile, but there was a lack of Photo's on my behalf. We've got a bit of footage of a couple of easy problems (I'll post it up when it's edited) but other than that it was a tour of the classics (both old and new).

The list of problems sent is rather short, but those tried is a bit longer. Quality over quantity was the key to this trip. If you really want a list I can provide. I'm sure Jim has a long list of the numerous 7A's that he managed (quantity over quality over difficulty I think was his motto).  ;)

No steak and chips for us... Our meals consisted of Pasta, Pesto, and a whole lot of love.

Jim, get on here and put your trip photos up.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal